You might find it hard to believe that Tokyo, the world’s most populous city, was once a small fishing village called Edo. But it’s that evolution from the tiny to the titanic that epitomizes this cosmopolitan city at its core. Here we have a metropolis that embraces reinvention and which incorporates traditions from the past with practices of the present. And all of this is yours to discover when you book a stay in one of Travelocity’s Tokyo hotels.
Where to Stay in Tokyo
As one of the world’s most populous cities, there’s no shortage of hotels in Tokyo. But if you find yourself overwhelmed by your options, here are four of the best places to stay in Tokyo:
- Shinjuku Washington Hotel Main for first-class food: Situated in the center of Shinjuku, home to the world’s busiest railway station and one of Tokyo’s most important commerce hubs, the Washington Hotel Main is surrounded by skyscrapers and within walking distance of some of Japan’s best shopping experiences. The hotel also offers an assortment of dining options you’re unlikely to find elsewhere in the city:
- Manhattan Table: Located on the 25th floor of the main building, the rooftop Manhattan Table is a posh restaurant serving a menu of California cuisine fused with authentic Japanese flavors. With an incredible view and exceptional menu, you might just think you’re dining in NYC.
- Baron: Offering breakfast, dinner, and tea in between, the hotel’s upscale café and bar is located on the third floor and invites guest to also visit them in the evening for an after-dark drink.
- Shabu-shabu: Situated on the first floor of the annex building, Shabu-shabu serves up traditional Japanese breakfasts and dinners in an atmosphere that’s ideal for couples, small groups, and large corporate meetings.
- Serari-geihinkan: In the mood for a traditional Chinese buffet? Pay a visit to Serari-geihinkan on first floor of the main building, or head one flight up for a seat at Yakichi, offering authentic Japanese breakfasts all morning long.
- Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel for a modern amenities and exceptional cuisine: Featuring finely appointed accents and high-tech amenities, the prestigious Cerulean Tower puts a creative twist on traditional Japanese accommodations and offers a truly unique experience. Here’s a look at some of the Cerulean Tower’s offerings:
- Dining: Among the finest gastronomic hotels in Japan, the Cerulean Tower boasts 11 on-site restaurants including ones that specialize in French, Italian, and Chinese menu items. There’s even an American-style jazz club to enjoy.
- Location: Located within a five-minute walk from Shibuya Station, a stay at this hotel makes it easy to hop aboard any of eight train lines that can deliver you to the farthest corners of the country.
- Salon: Reward yourself with sumptuous spa treatments at the Tower’s 39th-floor salon, which provides panoramic views while you get pampered.
- Event space: Offering nearly 25,000 sq. ft. of event space, this hotel has enough banquet rooms, ballrooms, and presentation technology to accommodate events of any size.
- Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo for destination weddings: Open since 1971 but recently renovated, the Keio Plaza Hotel invites guests stay in one of the best parts of the city. Among other offerings, the hotel is famous far and wide as an exceptional wedding destination. By reserving a room here, this is what you’ll find:
- Dining and drinks: With an unwavering commitment to taste, the Keio Plaza Hotel's on-site restaurant is led by skilled chefs who specialize in traditional Japanese, Western, and Chinese cuisine. And when you’re done eating, wash down your meal with a bliss-inducing drink from the hotel’s bar.
- Chapel: More than 36,000 couples have tied the knot at Keio Plaza’s permanent chapel, even including some second-generation newlyweds who’ve followed in their families’ footsteps.
- Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku for family trips and business retreats: No matter if you’re in Tokyo to see the sights or attend a corporate affair, the Hotel Sunroute Plaza ensures you’ll have a sublime stay. You’ll be able to both sample some of the best food in the city and take advantage of hospitality offerings that indulge all five of your senses:
- Dining: Craving Italian? Stop for a meal at Virattsua, the hotel’s authentic Italian grill serving up pasta, seafood, and other classic menu items baked in the kitchen’s stone oven.
- Salon services: Treat your body and mind to a relaxing session at Salon Sanatio, where you can expect services and treatments to restore you inside and out.
- Bar: In the mood for a nightcap? Stop by the fireside Bar Kyu, where traditional drinks and flickering candles can help you unwind at the end of a long day.
- Event space: Featuring an assortment of meeting rooms and banquet halls separated by movable walls, the Hotel Sunroute has everything you need to host a winning event of any size.
Travelocity takes all the hassle out of booking cheap hotels near Tokyo, so you can enjoy your trip without any headaches. No matter what time of year you’re traveling, or how many people are in your party, you’ll find the best deals on hotel rooms in Tokyo right here on our site. Reserve your room today, and you’ll be touring around downtown Tokyo before you know it.