The thrill of vacation. A much-needed change of pace, a surprising syncopation challenging your usual predictable beat. Exhilarated by the tempo of unfamiliar streets, your spirit seeks balance in the simple beauty of nature, where time flows at the pace of a babbling brook and all creatures know their purpose. If your dreams pulse with the energy of the big city while your heart yearns for beach strolls and mountain views, Vancouver, British Columbia has your perfect vacation story.
With a stunning backdrop of snow-capped mountains, dense rainforest, and vast ocean, your Vancouver lodging has everything you need for your great escape. Unveil the song of the soul in this city, where every view is lyrical and the rhythm of urban streets mingles perfectly with the forest and ocean melodies of the Pacific Northwest. You’re ready to embark on a voyage of discovery—about the city and yourself.
Best Places to Stay in Vancouver
Name the feeling you want seeping into your skin. Is it excitement? Is it peaceful solitude? Hotels in Vancouver offer you a healthy variety of options, so you find the experience you’re looking for. Here are some of the top accommodations in the city:
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver: With windows facing the bustle of downtown Vancouver, a stay at the Hyatt puts you in the midst of the action. And as an AAA Four Diamond hotel, you can anticipate extra pops of luxury on your vacation:
- Pool and spa: Give yourself a workout at the heated outdoor pool or take a break at the in-house Life Luxe Spa.
- Dining: Splurge on fantastic meals at one of the in-house restaurants. The food is locally-sourced and the seafood is sustainably raised.
- Nearby attractions: The hotel is located only four blocks from Robson Street, which is where you’ll find a ton of upscale boutiques.
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver: As one of the only two Forbes Five Star hotels in the city, this Vancouver hotel is known for dedication to detail. From a superb multilingual staff to 30 floors of luxury décor, you can count on the Four Seasons for excellent accommodations and perks like:
- Wine: There are over 300 types of wine available for your sipping pleasure.
- Dining: Take advantage of the 24-hour in-room dining, or book at table at YEW, the in-house restaurant that can host a 45-person party for special occasions.
- Family activities: The Four Seasons is pro-family, with perks like a kid-friendly cookie decorating class, a special game and craft room, and a daily movie that comes with popcorn and drinks.
- Pan Pacific Vancouver: Located right on the water, Pan Pacific Vancouver features stunning views of Coal Harbour and the Coastal Mountains. When you’re asking yourself where to stay in Vancouver, a spot by the water can’t be beat. When you’re not out and about, partake in these aspects of the hotel:
- Fitness: Get in a workout with the fitness club overlooking the water.
- Pools and saunas: Jump into the heated saltwater pool or decompress in the indoor sauna.
- Nearby attractions: When you’re ready to explore the town outside of your hotel room, you’re only a short walk away from Gastown, Pacific Centre Mall, and Robson Street.
- The Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver: With an elegant style that evokes the spirit of Europe, the Sutton Place Hotel Vancouver wants its guests to enjoy a sophisticated vacation with:
- Dining: Fill up at the on-site oyster bar, with foods prepared in classical style that infuses West Coast sensibilities. Plus, you can order Okanagan country wine and locally sourced seafood.
- Spa: Pamper yourself at the Vida Spa, where you can stretch out for a Swedish massage or facial.
It’s rare to find a city that has the perfect blend of wild landscape and metropolitan cityscapes, but Vancouver fits the bill. Big mountains, chic boutiques, hipster restaurants, and ocean waves—this town has a little bit of everything. So open yourself to it all. When you book cheap hotels in Vancouver from Travelocity, you can depend on more cash in your pocket to experience the city to its fullest.