You’ll fall in love with Montreal’s eclectic combination of old and new; it's a town where cobblestones meet soaring skyscrapers, and narrow lanes meet modern cars. Upon arrival in the vibrant city, you might want to take a horse-drawn carriage ride down the buzzing harbor-front and then disembark to browse the numerous unique fashion boutiques. With the savory scents of gravy-smothered poutine and fresh bagels mingling on the breezes, you’re sure to build up an appetite. Take heart, hungry traveler; this city has more eateries per head than any other city in North America. There is a restaurant to cater to whatever your palate desires, from dim sum to squid. Craving an adventure? Book your Montreal plane tickets and take flight.
Transportation from YUL
Flights to Montreal land at Montreal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL). To venture directly into the city center, connect with one of the four regular bus lines that operate seven days a week. The buses leave from the airport terminal, making the 21-km commute even easier. If charting your own path through The Metropolis is on your itinerary, book your vacation wheels with Travelocity and consult the car rental kiosks at the airport. There’s much to see and savor, so start exploring as soon as your Montreal flight touches down.
Hotels in Montreal
Before you fly toward The City of Saints, pair our amazing flight deals to Montreal with the hotel of your dreams. These are just a few of our guest favorites:
- Hotel Omni Mont-Royal: This Omni’s graceful lighting and plush furnishings are the perfect accompaniment to downtown’s historic museums and galleries, including the nearby Alcan House. When you aren’t walking in awe of the city center, treat yourself to a massage at the hotel spa.
- Loews Hotel Vogue: Mix a little Parisian chic into your Montreal getaway at the thoroughly modern Loews Vogue. Shop for one-of-a-kind art at the Claude Lafitte Gallery just two blocks away. You’ll be surrounded by fine dining, so pack your cocktail wear and reserve a table, or order from the hotel’s 24-hour gourmet room service.
- L’Appartement Hotel: Where apartment accommodation and eco-friendly travel meet, you’ll find L’Appartement. Amenities include a private kitchen and balcony as well as access to an indoor pool and sauna. You may never want to leave the hotel, but when you do you’ll be a short walk to the Museum of Contemporary Art and Pollack Concert Hall.
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth: While staying at this Fairmont, you’ll be convinced that the entire hotel exists to make you feel like royalty, from the full-service spa to child care services. Find an ensemble to match your new glow in the adjacent Underground City—a shopping and hospitality hub connected by underground passageways. Intriguing!
Things to Do in Montreal
If we made a list of all the experiences you must have in Montreal, we’d be writing nonstop for days. Skip the long lists and add these carefully curated suggestions to your awe-inspiring visit to The City of a Hundred Steeples:
- Old Montreal: Home to Notre-Dame Basilica and gallery-laden Rue St-Paul among other exquisitely French-Canadian landmarks, Old Montreal is the ideal place to bask in history, waterfront views, and fine dining.
- Mont Royal: For the best views of the city, make this 764-foot climb directly northwest of downtown. The trails are lined with their fair share of maple trees and the brilliant cityscape alone is worth splurging on Montreal airfare.
- Eat Street Food: On the first Friday of every month, graze your way through the largest food truck fair in North America at the Esplanade Financière Sun Life at the Olympic Park.
- Bois-de-Liesse Nature Park: Located just west of the airport, Bois-de-Liesse is a tranquil escape before, after, or while you’re living large in the big city. Reflect on new experiences at the lily ponds and make friends with ducks on a quiet dock.
Looking for the cheapest flights to Montreal? With Travelocity, you have our price-matching guarantee. We’ll offer or match the best price available, so you’ll have extra travel money to splurge on the many sides of marvelous Montreal.