Montreal Vacation Packages
Major Montreal Attractions
Montreal vacations are filled with history and charm. In Old Montreal, the streets practically whisper to you with stories of a rugged settlement turned cosmopolitan mecca.
- Notre-Dame Basilica: This Gothic Revival church is among the city’s most stunning architecture. Don’t miss a tour of the inside, with its azure blue ceiling covered in golden stars.
- Marché Bonsecours: This hundred-year-old public market is much more than a colorful showcase of the best local art and cuisine. Its domed, Renaissance Revival building is a National Historic Site of Canada.
When you have had your fill of history and beautiful buildings, make your way over to the modern side of the city: The Golden Square Mile.
- Musée des Beaux-Arts: Montreal’s Museum of Fine Arts is one of the best museums in Canada. The diverse collection includes classical artists like Rembrandt, Frank Gehry–designed furniture, and contemporary Canadian masterpieces.
- Les Cours Mont-Royal: As you would in the European cities that Montreal evokes, you know that you simply must shop here—and this is the place to fulfill your fashion fantasies.
Hotels in Montreal
With its European atmosphere and vibrant shopping, dining, and nightlife scene, downtown Montreal is often the first choice for discerning guests like yourself. We offer accommodation of all sorts that you can book with vacation packages in Montreal; read on for a few of our favorites:
- Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth is one of the most centrally located places in town, just steps from Central Station and connected to the famous Underground City. This upscale, four-star hotel has the advantages of a large hotel, like a spa, indoor pool, and fitness center, but with the personal touches that make it feel like a home away from home.
- L'Appartement Hotel will also give you that homey feeling, as its rooms come with refrigerators and stovetops, private balconies, and complimentary Wi-Fi. There is even breakfast included, if you do not want to fire up that stovetop in the morning. Place des Arts is just a block north, while the fine dining of downtown is several blocks south.
- Hotel Omni Mont-Royal is right in the middle of it all as well. You can easily carry all of your finds back from a day spent shopping in the luxury boutiques of Les Cours Mont-Royal, and it is on the subway line running to Musée McCord and the Place des Arts. Pillowtop beds and rainfall showerheads are sure to calm you after a busy day on the town.
- Nearby Loews Hotel Vogue is quite relaxing as well, with its jetted bathtubs and 24-hour room service. Plan your day with the free Wi-Fi—surely your plans will include a stroll over the Musée des Beaux-Arts and a meal at the hotel’s French-contemporary bistro.
Festivals and Events
There is so much on offer in the "City of Saints," you may not have considered how you can enhance your trip even further. But, traveler, you can. Inquire about Montreal package deals during a popular event or festival, and you’ll get a sample of the local life, along with the main attractions. Summer doesn’t just bring warm, sunny days and lively downtown nights—it also brings numerous events, from the Montreal Jazz Festival to the International Fireworks Competition. Yes, it is an entire month of fireworks displays, sure to quite literally dazzle you. Of course, Montrealers don’t hide in the wintertime. Take full advantage of winter vacations in Montreal at Igloofest and Fete des Neiges (Snow Festival).
It’s time to dream of your next holiday. Explore Travelocity’s offerings and discover your perfect bundle of hotel and airfare. When you feel a smile coming on, you know you’ve found your ideal cheap vacation in Montreal. In this friendly city, you should prepare for many more smiles.
Accommodation in Montreal
Montreal is a marvelous city, and finding a place to stay here will be a breeze. Travelocity's Montreal lodging guide features as many as 309 options that you can choose from.
Do you enjoy the finer things in life? Auberge de La Fontaine and Ritz-Carlton, Montréal ought to tick all your boxes. Alternatively, the Hotel Le St-James Montréal or the W Montreal will provide you with good old fashioned comfort at comfortable prices.
Time is money, so perhaps you'd like to stay near the much-loved Notre Dame Basilica? The Hotel Le Germain Montreal and the Hotel Le Crystal Montreal are two of the most popular options in the vicinity.