Where to Stay in Nassau
As a capital city and one of the world’s most popular destinations, Nassau offers a variety of hotels to choose from. If you’re not sure where to start exploring your options, here are our picks for four of the best places to stay in Nassau:
- Meliá Nassau Beach - All Inclusive for foodies on the move: Located on the northern end of the island, mere steps from the sands of Cable Beach and within a short walk of shops, restaurants, and nightclubs, Meliá Nassau Beach offers incredible views of the surrounding scenery. And since it’s just a quick drive to the airport, you can start settling in minutes after touching down. Enjoy some of these other amenities as well:
- Pools and hot tub: Take a dip in any of the three outdoor pools featuring plunging waterfalls that face the sea, or enjoy a hydro massage in the high-end hot tub near the hotel’s gardens.
- Dining and drinks: Feeling hungry? Swing by any of the six specialty restaurants and lounges on the property, including Aqua, The Market Place, EstaVida, O’ Grille, and Wet Bar.
- Entertainment and child care: The resort’s calendar is chock full of activities and shows keep you entertained, while a Kids’ Club keeps the young ones occupied.
- Fitness center: Stay on top of your daily workout with the hotel’s convenient free 24-hour gym.
- Wedding space: In the mood for love? Host your wedding at this hotel’s garden gazebo, and celebrate your special day with superior service in an ideal location.
- Breezes Resort Bahamas All Inclusive for all-you-can everything: Situated on a sublime stretch of Cable Beach’s white sand, Breezes Resort keeps things simple by offering all of their services and amenities for one fixed fee. Better yet, tipping is absolutely forbidden, meaning you’ll know exactly what your wallet’s in for. So what services are there, you ask?
- Dining: Feast on meals in any of the resort’s myriad restaurants, including Italian, Asian, and a la carte options.
- Drinks: Wet your whistle whenever you’d like, thanks to the resort’s all-you-can-drink bar service offering premium wines, liquors, beers, plus nonalcoholic options as well.
- Entertainment and outdoor activities: From tennis to sailing and rock climbing to pool volleyball, there’s no end to the activities offered here. Toss in live nightly entertainment, and you’ll never be without something to do.
- British Colonial Hilton - Nassau for a secluded escape: Located in downtown Nassau near the cruise port and the National Art Gallery, this colonial-style hotel offers an abundance of modern amenities that make it great for business and pleasure trips alike. And since this Hilton has its own private beach, it’s the ideal escape for individuals seeking a break from the crowds and who want:
- Dining and drinks: With two restaurants and two bars on-site, you won’t have to go far to grab some food or a drink at any time of day. The Aqua restaurant is especially famous for its international plates featuring a Caribbean flair, while the posh Bullion Bar is beloved for its impressive selection of rums and other liquors.
- Event space: Offering more than 13,500 sq. ft. of versatile event space, the hotel is the ideal venue for weddings and corporate events of any size.
- Pool and cabanas: Looking to cool off? Spend some time in the outdoor freshwater pool, then relax in cabanas before undertaking any of the popular aquatic activities.
- Sandals Royal Bahamian All Inclusive Resort - Couples Only for lovers of any age: Occupying its own island just off the shores of Nassau, it’s easy to arrive at this famed resort by hopping aboard a scheduled launch or kayaking on your own. Offering two private beaches—one reserved for snorkeling and relaxation and the other for more fast-paced aquatic activities—you can expect to find shaded hammocks, intimate cabanas, and a fireside Zen garden for reflective meditation. When you’re not frolicking in the Atlantic, indulge in some of the resort’s other perks, including:
- Dining and drinks: Fill your belly at Stew Fish seafood house, serving up fresh catches paired with chilled chardonnay, often beside a bonfire set to a soundtrack by a live Junkanooband.
- Spa services: Pamper yourself at Red Lane Spa, which offers classic European treatments with a Bahamian twist. Whether you’re enjoying a heart rock massage on a sea raft or a salt scrub on the beach, all services take place on a secluded stretch of sand.
- Pool: For a more exclusive atmosphere, drop by the Offshore Island Beach Club. With a lagoon-style pool, lounge chairs built for two, and a swim-up bar, the Beach Club grants you access to the resorts best amenities.
If you can’t wait another minute to begin your adventure in the Bahamas, count on Travelocity to help you book cheap hotels near Nassau at any time of year. Our selection of Nassau lodging options is more extensive than anywhere else online, ensuring that you’ll have the greatest number of places to choose from. Book your stay at one of the Nassau hotels today, and you be on the beach before you know it.