An indulgent feast for your senses awaits you in Kansas City, where it’s not uncommon for visitors to embark on daylong quests to locate hole-in-the-wall barbecue restaurants beloved by locals, with jazz filling the air. Book one of our Kansas City hotels today, and get ready to embrace the delightful spontaneity that comes when you let your appetite lead the way.
Where to stay in Kansas City
Kansas City has a cornucopia of accommodations to choose from. If you find yourself overwhelmed by options in the “Barbecue Capital of the World,” here are four of the best places to stay in Kansas City:
- Embassy Suites Kansas City - Plaza for location: With an incredible downtown location near Country Club Plaza and the historic Westport district, this hotel puts you steps away from some of the city’s best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Here’s a look at what else you can expect:
- Shuttle service: Enjoy free shuttle service from the hotel to many of the city’s most popular destinations.
- Dining and drinks: Head out of one of the many hotels in Kansas city and start the day with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, then grab a free drink at the evening reception, or dinner at Cattleman's Steakhouse & Bar.
- Event space: Planning on hosting a meeting in Kansas City? The 10,000 sq. ft. of banquet facilities can help you host a winning event in an excellent location.
- Fitness amenities: Keep up with your workout routine at the 24-hour fitness center, or take a dip in the and bi-level indoor pool paired with a whirlpool and sauna.
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center for family fun: Offering an ideal launching point for exploring Kansas City, this hotel lies a mile from downtown, 3 miles from the Plaza, and connects to the Crown Center entertainment area via climate-controlled skywalk. And because the Kansas City Aquarium and Legoland Discovery Center are each a short walk from the Sheraton, this is the perfect place to call home base when you’re sightseeing with the family. You can also take advantage of:
- Food and drinks: Feeling hungry? Take a seat at Spectators Gastro-Pub, offering casual dining and regional plates paired with wine and craft beers brewed by locally owned Boulevard Beer.
- Café: If you want to grab a coffee or quick bite to eat before exploring the city, the Link@Sheraton Café invites you to stop by their first-floor location for fresh juice, pastries, and espresso drinks. You can even drop by in the evening for a glass of wine before bed.
- Event space: With more than 88,000 sq. ft. of event space, the Sheraton is capable of hosting weddings and corporate events of all sizes.
- Sheraton Club: Upgrade your stay with a membership in the Sheraton Club to receive VIP perks, complimentary breakfast, and a dedicated concierge to tend to your every need.
- Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza for shopping: Set amid the fountains and courtyards of the city’s hottest shopping destination, Country Club Plaza, this newly constructed hotel incorporates a modern design with Mediterranean inspiration. Book a stay here and you’ll find a rooftop pool and Renaissance-style art, architecture, and accents through the property. Other amenities include:
- Restaurant and bar: Greet the day with a complimentary European breakfast from Francesca's Garden Lounge, and cap off your nights with an adult beverage from Bar Rosso.
- Gym and pool: Burn some calories at the on-site fitness center, or, if you feel like lazing about, spend some time on Hotel Sorella’s 1,800 sq. ft. pool terrace replete with fire pits and cabanas.
- Event space: Featuring about 5,700 sq. ft. of meeting space, this hotel is a picture-perfect venue for small- and medium-sized events.
- Hotel Phillips to art lovers and history buffs: Kansas City's most historic hotel is in the midst of a multi-year, $20 million transformation that aims to restore the property to its original 1930s charm, but that doesn’t mean you can’t stay here to soak in a few nights of food, comfort, and culture. Offering an art deco-style boutique experience, and in proximity to the Sprint Center and the Power & Light District, here’s what else you’ll find at Hotel Phillips:
- Wedding planning: Putting decades of experience to good use, the event professionals at Hotel Phillips can help you host the wedding you’ve always dreamt of.
- Event space: With more than 11,000 square feet of event space spread amongst nine unique rooms, this is the perfect setting for events with up to 275 attendees.
- Artful experience: It’s all about the art at this hotel, which features unique architecture and hand painted murals on every floor. There’s even an artist in residence on staff, whose studio you’re welcome to tour.
Travelocity makes it easy to book cheap hotels near Kansas City at any time of year. No matter if you’re traveling solo, with your sweetheart, or with the whole family in tow, our selection of Kansas City lodging options is unmatched by the competition. Book your stay in Kansas City today, and sink your teeth into some down-home cooking tomorrow.