"In Dallas, life is a little slower," says native Josh Henderson, and in such a charming place, this can only be a good thing. Combining Southern hospitality with a western love of fun and adventure, Texas is truly a place all its own, and Dallas is its ambassador. Float through streets teeming with sculptures and art galleries, letting your senses take in the bustling scene. While you’ll certainly see plenty of big cowboy hats and even bigger hair, there is much more to be found wandering the streets of the state’s third-largest city. Once you start your search for Dallas hotel deals, there is no telling what you might find in this incredible city.
Best Places to Stay in Dallas
Aside from big cowboy hats and big hair, Dallas has some pretty big neighborhoods, too. If you’re not sure what to make of all that sprawl, we can help.
- Hyatt Regency Dallas in Downtown: With a room at Hyatt Regency Dallas, you’ll be right on top of the main attractions, or rather, underneath one. This hotel is attached to the Reunion Tower, whose observation deck soars 560 above downtown. You’re also an easy stroll from Dealey Plaza, JFK Memorial Plaza, and the Main Street District.
- Omni Dallas Hotel at the Convention Center: If this trip is all business, check into the Omni Dallas Hotel, connected to the Dallas Convention Center via sky bridge. That’s right, you don’t even have to go outside. After that big meeting, wind down in the infinity pool, or better yet, treat yourself to a relaxing massage in the spa…you deserve it.
- Uptown and Oak Lawn: If words like “chic” and “elegant” make your eyes light up, consider Dallas lodging here. Indulge in a long mimosa brunch at Bread Winners Cafe, then peruse local art in the galleries along McKinney Avenue. By night, imbibe of culture instead at the Dallas Theater Center, designed by the famous Frank Lloyd Wright.
Dallas Hotels Near the Airport
Of course, tourists of all stripes, and especially business travelers on the go, can appreciate a room that’s nearby one of the most important parts of any trip: the airport!
- Hyatt Regency DFW for convenience: This hotel is actually in the airport, located in terminal C. If you have an early flight, or are landing late, the convenience can’t be beat. Hungry? Drop your bags and head to one of the hotel’s award-winning restaurants. Or, just order up room service for the ultimate—you guessed it—convenience.
- Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine for fun: This accommodation has an indoor water park on-site. Swim, splash, and slide your way through a getaway filled with joie de vivre. Parents can breathe easy, as this family fun park will whisk away the little ones to activities, games, and organized playtime, topped off with nightly story time. In fact, the adults can even say “Ahh!” at the on-site spa. This resort has certainly read their minds.
Get in the Local Spirit
Alright, you’ve got a good idea on where to stay in Dallas. But sometimes even shopaholics should rest, businessmen need a break, and the most intrepid of explorers just wants to know, “What would a local do?” Well traveler, read on.
- Food: Sizzling fajitas served on warm tortillas. Spicy, steamy chili con carne. Cheesy nachos piled high on the plate. And of course, frozen margaritas. Dallas may not be the birthplace of Tex-Mex, but the locals will tell you that it does it the best.
- Sports: Football legend Bob Hayes said, “Once a Dallas Cowboy, always a Dallas Cowboy,” and this goes for their fans as well. Follow the crowds to AT&T Stadium from September to April and settle in for the revelry. Prefer another sport? Dallas has them all. Sip a locally crafted beer at American Airlines Center and root for the home team.
- Nature: Klyde Warren Park is a breath of fresh air in the middle of downtown. Stretch out at a yoga class, dance along to live music performances, then take your pick of the food trucks for a trendy and delicious meal, the way the locals do.
Much like a local, you will also have a comfortable place to rest your head after a day’s adventures thanks to Travelocity’s cheap hotels in Dallas. We’ll help get you there, but whether your dreams will be of legendary shopping exploits, cultural pursuits, or the noble pursuit of the city’s best Tex-Mex is up to you.