Yes, the United States does have all-inclusive resorts, although they are not as common as they are in other countries. All-inclusive usually means things like meals, drinks and activities are included in the cost of your stay. However, most U.S. resorts that aren’t typically “all-inclusive” may still include free breakfast or fun amenities for the family. Here are some guest-loved picks from all over the country.
Kid-friendly all-inclusive resorts in the U.S.
- The Clement, Palo Alto - California: This all-inclusive resort has all the sophistication you’d expect from a Silicon Valley destination. Kids will enjoy the swimming pool and the pet-friendly environment.
- Alaska SeaScape Lodge, Kenai - Alaska: Experience the Alaskan wilderness with all-inclusive amenities for the whole family. The beach house atmosphere is all the more inviting with meals and activities included.
Adults-only retreats in the United States
While all-inclusive resorts in the U.S. for adults only are in short supply, you can find hotels with fabulous locations, plenty of perks, and no small children running about.
- Red Mountain Resort, Ivens - Utah: Unplug at this retreat, where no one under age 11 is allowed. You’ll be surrounded by mountain views and Southwestern art. You’ll definitely want to splurge for a spa day, too.
- Clevelander Hotel, Miami - Florida: Ready to relax with a cold drink? It’s hard to find all-inclusive resorts in U.S. including alcohol, but at the adults-only Clevelander, complimentary amenities include a welcome cocktail to help you acclimate to the Miami way of life.
The U.S. Virgin Islands for adults only
All-inclusive adults-only resorts in the U.S. Virgin Islands are hard to come by, but there are plenty of other options.
- Sand Castle on the Beach: Leave the kids at home and make your way to this adults-only resort on St. Croix. Your rate includes breakfast and several water activities.
- The Fred: This historic, boutique hotel on St. Croix offers an on-site restaurant, pool, spa, bar, and gift shop—and not a child in sight. Freebies include complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas and a garden for afternoon strolls, plus Wi-Fi, parking, and luxurious bedding.