As you walk along the weathered wooden planks, grass-covered dunes act as a stage curtain, concealing the main attraction until the sublime crowning moment. With your anticipation heightened, the sandy knolls part, exposing the star of the show—powdery sand stretching as far as you can see to either side and, in front of you, an emerald-green sea reaching out to greet the horizon. Above you, the golden glow of the sun shines down through the bluest of skies, warming your path as you seek refuge from reality on this immaculate stretch of real estate along Florida’s Gulf Coast. Panama City beachfront hotels—like the Palmetto Inn & Suites —put you directly in front of your own personal parcel of this pristine paradise. Lean back in your lounger and dig your toes into the fine-grain velvet below your feet. Get comfortable; you’re going to be here for a while.
What are some fun beach activities to do in Panama City?
Your admirable commitment to spend as much time on the beach as your stay allows is highly commendable. In support of that quest, we recommend the following activities to fill the hours:
- Diving & snorkeling: With multiple reefs and shipwrecks, the underwater landscape surrounding Panama City is patiently waiting for you to discover it.
- Paddle boarding: The calm, warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico are the perfect playground for beginners and experienced paddle boarders to practice their craft.
- Jet Skiing: If you prefer to pick up the pace a little, trade in the paddle board for a Jet Ski and feel the salt spray on your face while you speed around the surf.
- Tanning: Seriously. Just find a comfortable spot, spread out on a blanket, and do nothing. Absorb a little vitamin D. You deserve it.
What is there to do in Panama City if it rains?
It’s the Gulf Coast and it is going to rain from time to time. That doesn’t mean that you are going to be trapped in your Panama City Beach hotel room. Here are some of our favorite things to do when Mother Nature cancels your afternoon tanning session:
- Panama City Beach Winery: Sample some of the state’s most delicious citrus, berry, and fruit wines daily during tasting sessions. The Pineapple Sunset and Category 5 Florida Sangria are sure to please even the most discerning palette.
- Ebro Greyhound Park: Lay a wager on your favorite sleek racing dog, try your luck at the casino tables, or catch a show at the park’s live music venue.
- Man in the Sea Museum: Get a different perspective on undersea adventure with exhibits showcasing diving and submersible pod history and lore.
- A&M Theater: This intimate multipurpose venue hosts art collections, live music performances, and independently released motion pictures.
When you use Travelocity to book your stay at one of the many amazing Panama City hotels on the beach like the Tidewater Beach Resort by Wyndham, you’ll be steps away from a blissful day behind the delightful Gulf-side dunes. Sun-soaked serenity is just a few clicks away.