Your oar slices through the choppy water as you propel the kayak a few yards farther into the bay. The days you’ve spent so far on the blissful beach behind you have been incredible, and you’ve still got more time to go. You’ve heard stories your whole life about the scene in Miami—the idyllic climate, picturesque palm trees, neon lights, pastel buildings, and Cuban influence—and this city has exceeded your expectations in every way. When you book a stay at one of the best beach hotels in Miami, you’ll enjoy the sand, the surf, and the nightlife this city is famous for.
Before making your fantasies of Florida come true by booking one of the many Miami beachfront hotels, here are answers to some questions you might have about life on the local beaches:
What are the best beach activities in Miami?
The waters here are home to a wealth of aquatic adventures for you to undertake:
- Boating and sailing: With warm, tranquil water at most times of the year, boating enthusiasts are always eager to head out to sea.
- Scuba diving: Home to plenty of shipwrecks and the world’s third-largest barrier reef, Miami has a huge number of diving spots awaiting your exploration.
- Fishing: The assortment of ecosystems on the coast of this city are teeming with fish of all shapes and sizes, making Miami everything an angler could ask for.
- Kayaking and canoeing: The Biscayne Bay’s calm and shallow waters make kayaking and canoeing among the most popular ways see the sea.
- Board sports: Be it surfing, stand-up paddle boarding, or windsurfing, Miami is a dream come true for those who want to get a workout on the water.
Any advice on getting from MIA airport to downtown Miami?
You have a variety of choices when it comes to making your way from Miami International Airport to downtown Miami. It’s just over 9 miles from point A to B, and depending on what’s most convenient, you can take advantage of any of these options:
- Rental car: Grab the wheel and take control of your destiny by arranging a ride from any of the 15 rental agencies that operate at the airport. Once you get the keys, it’s only about a 15-minute drive under usual traffic conditions.
- Miami-Dade Metrobus: The Miami Beach Airport Express route departs from the city’s major flight facility throughout the day and connects with several other bus routes that can deliver you downtown for an affordable fare.
- Miami-Dade Metrorail: By far the cheapest means of getting downtown from MIA, Metrorail route 150 on the Orange Line is a quick and easy way to arrive in the center of the action.
- Taxi or Limousine: If you’re not in the mood for public transportation and aren’t too keen on reserving a rental, there are scores of taxi and limousine services in Miami that can help you get where you’re going on your schedule.
Travelocity helps you find amazing deals on rooms at the Mandarin Oriental, Miami, the Loews Miami Beach Hotel – South Beach, and dozens of other Miami hotels on the beach and in downtown. Regardless of whether you want to stay in a sumptuous suite or a modest motel, you’ll find the perfect room that fits right in your budget. Book a room right now, and you’ll be mixing it up in Miami before you know it.