The 19th-century philosopher and transcendentalist poet Henry David Thoreau once wrote, “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.” As you prepare for your next adventure, wise wanderer, seek to connect with your truest self in the state known for moonshot goals and optimistic idealism—California. Long before the Golden State began to beckon aspiring actors and enterprising entrepreneurs, frontier pioneers and determined panhandlers set their sights on Sacramento to find fortune in the land under their feet.
If you long for a relaxed lifestyle that serves as fertile grounds for your greatest ambitions, then it’s high time you took a trip to Sacramento, where you can amble down cobblestone paths, encounter artifacts from long-gone civilizations, and explore a scenic landscape, rich with vineyards. To experience everything this city has to offer, book a stay at any of the hotels in Sacramento, where you’ll wake up feeling more like yourself with each passing day.
Where to Stay in Sacramento?
With a wealth of Sacramento hotel rooms to choose from, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by your options. To assist with your decision making, here’s a glimpse of four of the best places to stay in Sacramento.
- Hyatt Regency Sacramento for feasting: With an incredible location across the street from the Capitol and adjacent to the convention center, this luxurious downtown hotel offers guests access to a wellness spa and pool in addition to these elegant eating experiences:
- Dawson’s Steakhouse: Among downtown’s most popular dining options, Dawson's serves locally sourced seafood and steaks and has an extensive list of wines, beers, and craft cocktails as well.
- Vines Cafe: In the mood for farm-to-table cuisine? Vines provides breakfast and lunch buffets designed to help you maintain a healthy diet.
- Amourath 1819: This high-end lounge in the hotel’s lobby immerses guests in an exquisite atmosphere and invites them to imbibe local brews, handcrafted cocktails, and one-of-a-kind wines while enjoying live entertainment on the outdoor patio.
- Chef’s Table Experience: Treat your palate to a culinary tour of the hotel’s finest plates with this personalized meal prepared by the hotel’s head chef.
- The Citizen Hotel, Autograph Collection for the time traveler in you: This boutique hotel dating back to the early 1900s is a quick walk from the Capitol and has nearly 200 rooms to choose from, no two of which are exactly alike. It also offers:
- Grange Restaurant & Bar: This award-winning restaurant offers a farm-to-fork culinary concept guaranteed to tickle your taste buds.
- Events for every occasion: With more than 9,000 sq. ft. of banquet rooms and conference rooms, it’s easy to hold events of any size at this unique hotel.
- Abundant activities: Looking to get some exercise? Take a trip to the hotel’s fitness center. If you’d rather be outside, a handful of golf courses are within a short drive.
- Embassy Suites Sacramento - Riverfront Promenade for riverside revelry: Nestled next to the Tower Bridge in the heart of historic Old Town Sacramento, Embassy Suites is a short walk from the famous Riverfront Promenade and the city’s capacious convention center. Other amenities include:
- Decadent dining: Enjoy a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast in the morning, then unwind over a drink during evening reception. For something more filling, pay a visit to the upscale and outdoor Tower Bridge Bistro, serving locally influenced cuisine paired with picturesque views of the Sacramento River.
- First-class fitness options: Get toned at the on-site fitness center, walk around the track, or take a dip in the heated indoor pool.
- Magnificent meetings: With more than 8,000 sq. ft. of event space, the Embassy Suites is the perfect setting for your next meeting. And if you’re in a pinch, the always-open business center can help ensure you’re properly prepped.
- Holiday Inn Sacramento - Capitol Plaza for central location: Situated on the outskirts of Old Sacramento, about a 15-minute drive from the airport, this excellent establishment is in proximity to an enormous amount of dining, shopping, and entertainment options, as well as iconic buildings including the state capitol, federal courthouse, and the famed convention center. When you’re not out and about, you can enjoy:
- Epic eats: Cyprus Grille, located on the hotel’s first floor, serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert, while Q's Pub in the lobby is a great place to grab a quick cocktail.
- World-class meetings: With 14 meeting rooms and more than 13,000 sq. ft. of event space, the Holiday Inn will help you host your next big corporate event and can accommodate up to 1,000 attendees.
- Convenient fitness: The hotel’s outdoor pool and complimentary, always-open fitness center ensure that you won’t miss a workout during your stay in the city.
Travelocity makes it easy to reserve cheap hotels near Sacramento no matter what time of year you’re traveling. Regardless of what part of town you’d like to stay in or how many people you’re traveling with, you’re sure to find Sacramento hotels that fit perfectly into your budget. Book your room now, and you could be cruising along California’s coast before you know it.