ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
At this Gonzalo Guerrero hotel, you'll be within a 5-minute walk of Mamitas Beach Club and Quinta Avenida. Mario Villanueva Stadium Madrid and Pier Navega are also within half a mile (1 km).
This hotel features 3 restaurants, 3 outdoor pools, and a 24-hour fitness center. Dine at the beachfront restaurant and relax with free beach cabanas. Relax with a drink at one of the 3 bars/lounges and get perks like free WiFi.
The individually decorated guestrooms offer room service and free bottled water. Other amenities include ceiling fans, hair dryers, and laptop-compatible safes.
Mahekal Beach Resort ratings based on 42 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Mahekal Beach Resort
Jun 24, 2019 by Concierge
thank you for you review. Best regards!
May 15, 2019 by Concierge
Thank you for your comments and suggestions, we appreciated and we will passed on to the proper management! Kind regards!
Mar 20, 2019 by Amir Chable - Guest Service
We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us, we appreciate your words about our hotel, and we are glad that you love our property. We particularly like your comments about the friendliness, cheerfulness and availability of our personnel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jan 19, 2019 by Itze Pérez Social Media & Marketing Manager
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Mahekal Beach Resort as host for your vacation and for taking the time to share with us your 5 stars review; we truly appreciate your confidence in choosing us. On behalf of our entire team, we genuinely hope to have the opportunity of welcome you again soon. Regards,
Dec 24, 2018 by Itze Pérez | Social Media & Marketing Manager
Dec 17, 2018 by Itze Pérez | Social Media & Marketing Manager
A wonderful beautiful place to stay
Aug 2, 2018 by Itze Pérez | Social Media & Marketing Manager
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your next visit! Warm regards,
Nothing but ordinary
Jul 31, 2018 by Itze Pérez | Social Media & Marketing Manager
Dear Lisa, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to leave your comment. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite many incidents you experienced. I will certainly share your message with the team. Note: The 20 usd are mandatory for all Riviera Maya visitors, is not part of the hotel services is a Government Policy for the beach maintenance. Sincerely,
Rotten Eggs, Wet beds and unfair compensation
Jul 23, 2018 by Itze Pérez | Social Media & Marketing Manager
Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to share your review on Expedia. We are sincerely sorry that you experienced such problems with the Palapa room during the last heavy storms. We already shared your experience with our Management and they will take necessary measures to avoid this kind of situations. Regards,
Beautiful and RELAXING
Jun 21, 2018 by Karen Smith
The rooms at Mahekal Beach Resort are so cute and unique aren't they? We are delighted you had a great time with us!
About the Mahekal Beach ResortLocation 38 St And The Beach, Playa del Carmen, QROO 77710
Mahekal Beach Resort offers its guests 3 outdoor swimming pools and a 24-hour fitness center. There are 3 restaurants on site, as well as a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include 3 bars/lounges, a beach bar, and a swim-up bar. WiFi is free in public spaces. Tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands are also featured at the business-friendly Mahekal Beach Resort. A roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. A complete renovation of Mahekal Beach Resort was completed in December 2015. This 4-star Playa del Carmen hotel is smoke free.
- 195 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 33 buildings
- 3 dining venues
- 3 bars or lounges
- Built in 1982
- Bar on the beach
- Swim-up bar
- Coffee shop
- Cabanas on the beach (free)
- Towels for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Airport: Cancun, Quintana Roo (CUN-Cancun Intl.) (55.4 km / 34.5 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
Mahekal Beach Resort offers 195 air-conditioned accommodations with complimentary bottled water and hair dryers. Each accommodation is individually decorated. Business-friendly amenities include laptop-compatible safes and phones. Bathrooms include showers. Additionally, rooms include ceiling fans and blackout drapes/curtains. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique decor
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM.
Cocina - This buffet restaurant specializes in Mexican cuisine. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Las Olas - This beachfront buffet restaurant specializes in Caribbean cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Fuego Restaurante y Bar - This beach fine-dining restaurant specializes in Caribbean cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). Happy hour is offered. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Boli´s Bar - Onsite sports bar. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Itzi Pool Bar - This brewpub is located by the pool. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
3 outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a 24-hour fitness center.
Children under 17 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility, or spa tub without adult supervision. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa tub.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Deep tissue massage
- Massages on beach
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
This property is located near several bars and nightclubs, which may be disturbing to the peace and quiet of the resort. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Airport transportation is offered 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 4 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets: USD 25 per pet, per night
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds, rollaway/extra beds, and onsite parking. Parties and events are allowed on site. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.Safety features at this property include a smoke detector. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds, rollaway/extra beds, and onsite parking. Parties and events are allowed on site. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.For guests' safety, the property includes a smoke detector in each accommodation.
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Events/parties allowed
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No elevators
- 24-hour check-in
- Debit cards
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 80.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 40.00 (from 5 to 12 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 80.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 40.00 (from 5 to 12 years old)
- A city tax will be collected at the property upon arrival. The city tax ranges from JPY 100-200 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. The tax does not apply to nightly rates under JPY 10,000. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 20 for adults and USD 12 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 134 per person (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 134 (roundtrip), (from 5 to 12 years old)
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 10 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Mahekal Beach
- Mahekal Beach Playa del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort
- Mahekal Beach Resort Playa del Carmen
- Mahekal Resort
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
You should know
- Mahekal Beach Resort offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Reservations are needed for massage services. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Up to 2 children 4 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Guests may experience noise disturbance due to nearby construction work.
Awards & Affiliations
- Mahekal Beach Resort is listed in the 2016 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List.