From Boston Harbor to the Back Bay and from Cambridge to Chelsea, Boston is steeped in history and culture. Beantown has something for everyone, from die-hard sports fanatics to aspiring foodies. Couple the amazing attractions and an ever-increasing availability of cheap flights to Boston, and it's simple to see why tourists love to visit this thriving city. With Travelocity's easy-to-use search tools that can help you find Boston flight deals into Logan International airport (BOS), now is the best time to find flights to Boston.
Transportation from BOS
Once your airfare to Boston flight touches down, you are going to want to make your way to your accommodations as quickly and smoothly as possible. There are many great hotels near BOS, and with the city's fantastic transportation system, it's easy to get to them all. Free Massport shuttle buses are available at every terminal, which will take you to the Blue line or Silver line subway system or to the commuter Ferry station that will take you to locations throughout the Harbor area. If you're loaded down with luggage or staying further away from Logan International, you can find a rental car at BOS or catch a cab at a taxi station located outside of each terminal.
Hotels Near BOS
One of the great things about Logan International is its proximity to downtown. So, you don’t have to worry about having to decide between booking a room at a hotel close to BOS or staying at a nicer place downtown. It’s the best of both worlds. Here are some of our favorite hotels in the area.
- The Westin Copley Place: Located in a perfect spot for a business trip or a family vacation, the Westin at Copley Place offers its guests breathtaking views of the Charles River or expansive vistas of the city skyline from all of their well-appointed rooms.
- Copley Square Hotel: This landmark boutique hotel has been pampering its guests in upscale elegance in the Back Bay neighborhood since the 1891. With a morning Power Hour, free seasonal drinks every afternoon, and a nightly “Wine Down” happy hour, you may never want to venture off the posh property.
- Omni Parker House: Positioned directly on the Freedom Trail, a stay at the Parker House puts you right in the heart of American history. If the plush robes, triple-sheeted bedding, and pillow-top mattresses don’t cradle you in comfort, maybe a slice of Boston Crème Pie will do the trick. Parker’s Restaurant is home to the iconic confectionary classic.
- Boston Park Plaza: Having recently undergone a $100 million renovation, the AAA four-diamond hotel is a perfect blend of regal heritage and modern refinement. Boasting over 1,000 guestrooms, 50,000 square feet of meeting space, and a 20,000 square foot David Barton gym, there are thousands of reasons to stay at this distinguished property.
Things to Do Near BOS
Between Boston, Cambridge, and the surrounding area, there are more than enough attractions to fill even the busiest of vacation schedules. However, we would be remiss if we didn’t let you know about a few fun things to do near the airport. Think of them as a small bowl of “chowdah” to serve as an appetizer for the rest of your stay:
- Faneuil Hall: This historical meeting space was once the venue for famous speeches from Samuel Adams. It is now a marketplace with stores and restaurants where you can purchase, among other things, a pint of Samuel Adams Boston Lager.
- Newbury Street: This hip strip of shops and bistros in the Back bay is a welcome diversion after a long day of traveling. Stretch your legs while walking amongst boutiques, galleries, and cafés.
- Museums: Just across Boston Harbor from the airport, you’ll find a host of interesting and entertaining attractions such as the New England Aquarium, the Institute of Contemporary Art, and Boston Children’s Museum.
The city of Boston has a thriving arts and cultural scene and is home to one of the top-ranked ballet companies in the world. You can catch a Shakespeare romance, a famous dramatic opera, or a comedic performance from one of the many symphony orchestras clustered in the Washington Street Theater District. If you’re more into athletics than the arts, catch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park or watch the Patriots battle it out at nearby Gillette Stadium. Historical sights abound along the downtown Freedom Trail that will take you past 15 Revolutionary-era landmarks. Take a stroll across the quad at the Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology campuses in Cambridge for a truly inspiring day trip. Travelocity is the best place to find great prices on plane tickets to Boston. Check out Travelocity's Boston vacation packages to look for the cheapest flights to Boston and your accommodations simultaneously. You can save a pile of cash almost as high as Bunker Hill when you book a hotel and flight at the same time.