Pristine sand at your feet loosens and drifts away as turquoise waves cleanse the coast. Your time here has been surreal to say the least. This Mexican city has surpassed your expectations in every way imaginable, wise wanderer, and you’re ecstatic to be staying here. You’ve always wanted to see Cancun firsthand, and now that you’re finally here, there’s a chance you may never leave.
When you book a stay at any of the Cancun hotels on the beach, you’re able to experience all of the adventures this gorgeous city on the Gulf has to offer.
What are some fun things to do near the beach in Cancun?
Looking for something fun to do while on Cancun’s sands? Here are some of the most popular ways to keep yourself occupied: Boat Trips: Hit the waves on a variety of boats and other watercraft commonly available in the area.
- Cenotes: Strap on scuba gear and explore countless natural sinkholes locally known as “cenotes.”
- Cultural activities: Embrace local culture at Cancun’s many museums, galleries, and theaters.
- Dining and nightlife: Spend your night on the dancefloor at some of the hemisphere’s hottest clubs.
- Golf: Practice your swing on the back 9 at any of Cancun’s sprawling golf courses.
- Mayan ruins: Hundreds of prehistoric ruins throughout this region await your exploration.
- Parks and nature: Appreciate local wildlife at bird sanctuaries or a spider monkey refuge.
- Sport fishing: It’s easy to catch a diverse selection of fish while in Cancun.
- Scuba and snorkeling: Explore the world’s second-largest barrier reef on a scuba expedition.
- Swim with dolphins: Numerous local parks allow you to swim with these finned creatures.
Where are the best beaches to visit by Cancun?
Interested in experiencing the best beaches Cancun has to offer? Here are five of the most alluring spots along the shore:
- Playa Delfines: Among the city’s most sizable beaches, Playa Delfines is also home to some of the most strikingly blue water in the region. Expect to encounter a variety of action sports enthusiasts here as well as pelicans feasting on local fish.
- Playa Norte: On Isla Mujeres, just outside the heart of Cancun’s hospitality district, the North Beach has a happening nightlife scene and some of the Pacific’s most placid waters.
- Playa Forum (aka Playa Gaviota Azul): Situated off the coast of Punta Cancun, the city’s most popular public beach offers an energetic vibe with options for beach bums as well.
- Playa Chac Mool: It’s easy to find a stretch of sand to call your own at this less-touristy beach adjacent to Playa Forum.
- Playa Tortugas: An ideal destination for families, this placid beach is beloved by locals and provides plenty of activities for thrill-seekers.
When you use Travelocity to book a stay at any of the Cancun beach hotels, you’ll find the web’s lowest rates on rooms perfect for you. No matter if you’d rather have a room at the Hotel NYX Cancun, the Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun, or any of the other best beachfront hotels in Cancun, enjoy peace of mind knowing that you’re not overpaying. Now that’s wandering wisely.