The snow-capped Rockies to the west serve as a scenic backdrop to the Mile-High City resting on the piedmont below. With Denver's expansive blue skies, fresh mountain air, and exciting outdoor adventures, it's easy to see why people flock to book Denver airfare. There is more to the Denver area than ski lodges and hiking trails, though. This breathtaking city is the ideal place to go for if you're looking for a true cosmopolitan getaway, as well. Visitors enjoy a thriving arts scene, amazing music venues, and some of the best craft beer on the planet. And the best way to enjoy the city is with a couple of extra dollars in your pocket, thanks to the fantastic flight deals to Denver International Airport (DEN) from Travelocity. Keep an eye out for the cheapest flights to Denver and you’ll be swooshing down the slopes, sipping on a stout, or strolling along the 16th Street pedestrian mall before you know it.
Transportation from DEN
All flights to Denver arrive at one of the most modern airports in the country, and rest assured that getting to your hotel is easy. Most Denver airport hotels have free, frequent shuttles that pick you up from your terminal. You can also take SkyRide—a public bus service—to many destinations in the surrounding metro area. Shared commuter shuttles and taxis also pick up from the airport and will take you to your exact destination. Coming to ski or snowboard? The airport's Mountain Carriers (located on Jeppesen Terminal Level 5) will whisk you away to many of the nearby winter resorts.
Hotels Near DEN
Thanks to a well-designed highway infrastructure, it is a quick ride from DEN to downtown. So if you prefer more upscale accommodations instead of the road-side motel typically found near an airport, you should check out these options:
- Warwick Denver – If the floor-to-ceiling windows of this exclusive hotel don’t provide enough of a sweeping cityscape for you, step out onto the balcony for a view of downtown with the iconic Rocky Mountains in the background for a view you won’t soon forget. That incredible view is even more grand from the brand-new rooftop pool and bar.
- Magnolia Hotel Denver – Originally built in 1910 as the American National Bank, this landmark building has been thoroughly renovated into a completely modern boutique hotel. With nearly 300 guestrooms and 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, the Magnolia is the optimum blend of past and present, as well as business and pleasure.
- Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center – Perfectly located close to all of the major downtown attractions, this contemporary hotel is adjacent to the convention center and 16th Street Mall, and just a short stroll from Coors Field and the Pepsi Center. You’d be hard-pressed to find a better spot to hold your next business meeting or family get-together.
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel – With over 1,200 well-appointed guestrooms, state-of-the-art workout facilities, and a high-tech business center, everything you need is right under one roof. When you do venture out, you are connected to the city by a sky bridge that can take you to local attractions including the Colorado state capital building.
Things to Do Near DEN
Once your flight lands, you’ll undoubtedly want to get out and stretch your legs before hitting the slopes or exploring downtown. Here are some of our favorite activities close to the airport:
- Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge – Established to help protect our national symbol, the bald eagle, the refuge is 150,000 acres of prairie, wetland, and woodland paradise with enough hiking trails to get the blood flowing back into your weary legs.
- Barr Lake State Park – Cast a line from the dock, hit the water on a rented boat, or stroll around the 8.8-mile multiuse trail that surrounds the lake. No matter your choice, it’s a great way to start your Denver getaway.
Explore the Mile-High City
Once you arrive on one of our Denver flights, there are tons of fun outdoor activities to be enjoyed year-round. The city averages more than 300 sunny days a year—even in the winter you can hike, bike, and get outside. Check out the city on a bicycle available through the Denver B-Cycle bike-sharing program and pedal by the hundreds of art sculptures and murals throughout the city. Denver is also known for fantastic craft breweries and is home to Coors Brewery, the largest brewery in the United States. Rocky Mountain National Park is located less than two hours from the city and has 150 lakes, hundreds of miles of hiking trails, and towering mountains to explore. Save with Travelocity’s Denver vacation packages that bundle hotels and plane tickets to Denver for a mile-high bargain. Book your flight today and know that you're covered with the Travelocity Price Guarantee—we’ll match a lower price and refund the difference!