Where to stay in Denver: Best areas for travelers
- Highland: Whether you're planning to stay for a few nights or a week or two, this area is a popular place to use as a base camp for your adventures. Spend your days at top local attractions like South Platte and your evenings relaxing in style at one of the hotels here. The Residence Inn by Marriott Denver Downtown, the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Denver Downtown and the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Speer Boulevard are all worth a look.
- Aurora: Get set to give your credit card a workout. Spend up big at Town Center at Aurora before checking out the deals at Southlands. When you're all shopped out, kick back and relax at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver - Aurora Medical Campus, the Comfort Suites Denver near Anschutz Medical Campus or the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Denver Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Five Points: If Coors Field is on your list of things to do, this is the place to stay. Rest in the evening at The Ramble Hotel, The Apple Theory Downtown Denver or The Source Hotel. Then, get out and see this famous attraction.
- Ballpark: Before exploring every inch of this fantastic place, you'll need a good night's sleep. The Apple Theory Downtown Denver, The Maven at Dairy Block and the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Union Station are some options to consider. Stay at one of these and wake up refreshed and raring to discover the area's top attractions, starting with Coors Field.
- Lakewood: Reserving a hotel in the area is as easy as pie. Pick from comfortable options like the Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar, the Motel 6 Denver - Lakewood and the HomeTowne Studios Denver - Lakewood West. With natural attractions such as Bear Creek Lake to discover here, you'll have lots of opportunities to relax.
Denver flight + hotel packages
Top Denver hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Denver
In the majestic Rocky Mountains, Denver is the perfect pairing of wild landscapes and understated luxury—just like Rocky Mountain oysters and craft brews. With climbing, biking, and skiing opportunities around each turn, Denver vacations broaden your horizon to exhilarating experiences and higher perspectives. Nothing can keep you down when you visit The Mile-High City, whether you summit Mount Evans or visit the historic home of the Unsinkable Molly Brown. Book Denver package deals from late fall to early spring to hit the slopes, or plan a summer foray to soak up the sun as you browse the area farmers markets and ramble through the Rockies.
Top Hotels in Denver
The best vacation package in Denver, CO includes convenient flights and fabulous accommodations. As you mix and match your dreamy getaway, consider these guest favorites:
- Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center : Even if you don’t reach the top of a mountain, you’re in for some breathtaking views from your room in this Hyatt Regency hotel. Located a very short walk to the Colorado Convention Center and several performing arts venues, including Paramount Theater, it’s great for when you want to mix a little work with leisure. The full-service spa helps with the latter, too.
- Magnolia Hotel Denver: Every inch of the Magnolia speaks to Denver’s contemporary arts scene with clean lines, bold statement furnishings, and plush linens. The exterior is dripping with vintage charm and sits in good company among downtown landmarks, including Buell Theatre, built in 1908. Step out for a show after dinner in one of the hotel’s two restaurants.
- Warwick Denver: With comforting, earthy décor and fabulous views of North Capitol Hill, the Warwick Denver is the epitome of Colorado chic. You’ll be a short walk to the American Museum of Western Art and the Molly Brown House Museum, so go exploring before dinner at the hotel restaurant and a cozy evening read by the lobby fireplace.
- Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel: Whether you’re planning a business trip or your next great getaway, this Sheraton is a relaxing place to start and end each day, and the business center and meeting room facilities make it easy to attend to your professional agenda. Of course, you’ll want to fit in a trip to the Denver Firefighters Museum and the Colorado State Capitol while you’re there.
From Museums to Mountaintops
Inspired by a scrappy past and an endless horizon, Denver boasts thrilling activities and cutting-edge arts. Impressive public parks—such as Washington Park and City Park—offer lakes, gardens, playing fields, and more. During warm weather months, the Lakeside and Elitch Gardens amusement parks are open for fun and carefree days. When you’re ready to discover Denver in detail, the U.S. Mint, Denver Art Museum, Children's Museum of Denver, and Denver Museum of Nature & Science are just some of the museums to check out during your vacations in Denver.
When you’re ready to trade the refinement of curated collections for the open trail and a little dirt on your hands, warm up your climbing and hiking skills at William F Hayden Green Mountain Park in nearby Lakewood, just 11 miles west of downtown Denver. To raise the challenge, keep driving west to the Front Range, where Katharine Lee Bates looked out from Pikes Peak over purple mountains majesty and fruited plains to pen “America the Beautiful.”
Festivals and Events
Book vacation packages in Denver from May through July to catch the most beloved local festivals. May features the popular Downtown Denver Festival of the Arts during Memorial Day weekend, with both fine arts and crafts on display. Come June, join in the revelry at the city's oldest cultural celebration, the Denver Greek Festival. For over 50 years, the Greek Festival has drawn crowds with its traditional music, joyous dancing, and scrumptious food. July's festival offerings include the Evergreen Jazz Festival, which proclaims itself as the best jazz festival anywhere. Traveling during the winter holidays? Surround yourself in the glow of Denver’s Parade of Lights.
Your journey to the Mile-High City will be an exquisite adventure, and Travelocity is here to offer you the best prices available, thanks to our price-matching guarantee. Book a cheap vacation in Denver that’s low on costs but high on life. That’s the Denver way, after all.
Tours and Activities in Denver
Some travel experiences can be so extraordinary that they completely knock our socks off. They become precious moments to recount for a long time to come. Ready to make some unforgettable new memories?
Ready for some fun adventures while you're in Denver? We highly recommend testing out some of these experiences:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Denver?
How long should my Denver vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Denver?
Why should I purchase my Denver vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Denver car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Denver?
Which airport is best for Denver?
What is there to do in Denver?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.