Oh, to travel the world. To be surrounded by the tantalizing murmur of foreign languages, to taste unfamiliar spices on the tongue, to take in with all the senses the many ways in which mankind can find joy and create community on this planet. As St. Augustine said, “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” But if you have time for only one stop on your next vacation, don’t despair. Head to Toronto, Canada, where a microcosm of the world awaits. Not only is this a major center of Canadian art, music, and literature, but a multicultural hub as well. Foreign cultures thrive in its streets, with their own communities, restaurants, markets, and festivals open to anyone wishing to explore. With more than half of its residents born outside of Canada, Toronto is home to 200 ethnic groups speaking more than 140 distinct languages. Deciding where to stay in Toronto is like selecting from the best the world has to offer. Outside the door of some of the top hotels in Toronto, you can see the best museums in the country, breathtaking parklands, the scent of Italian home cooking, or the sound of scintillating jazz. Whatever your pleasure, Toronto serves it up with that unique Canadian grace.
Best Places to Stay in Toronto
Name a flavor, name a neighborhood, name a world you want to be in and you can find it in Toronto. There are so many fantastic Toronto hotels that it can be hard to narrow it down. To help, here are some of the best:
- Chelsea Hotel, Toronto: When you’re ready to vacation, city-style, why not stay in the midst of the action? The Chelsea Hotel, Toronto is in the thick of the skyscrapers and offers a few of these amenities:
- Pool and saunas: Head to the 27th floor and take a dip in the pool that looks out to the CN Tower and the metropolis in full swing below. There’s also a hot tub whirlpool and separate female and male saunas for extra privacy.
- Playroom: If you brought the children with you on vacation, make a stop at the Kid Centre, which has bunnies and fish you can feed.
- Food: Need a bite to eat before exploring the city? The hotel has four different food options, including a coffee bar, on-the-go market, outdoor garden club, and an upscale restaurant.
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto: It’s the largest full-service Courtyard in the world, so you can feel assured that all your wants and whims will be taken care of at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown Toronto. Here are just a few of the perks that are offered:
- Gym and pool: Give your body a workout at the 24-hour gym or the indoor lap pool.
- Location: Located on Yonge Street, you’re already on the most popular avenue of the city. Take your time enjoying the pubs, boutiques, and restaurants along the row.
- Local restaurant delivery: If you’d prefer to stay in your cozy hotel room, the Courtyard offers local restaurant dinner delivery.
- The Grand Hotel and Suites Toronto: When you’re trying to figure out where to stay in Toronto, put The Grand Hotel and Suites Toronto on the top of the list. Elegant, luxurious, regal—such words barely cover it. Prepare yourself for the best:
- Food: Prepare yourself for cuisine pretty enough for a magazine spread.
- Spa: Treat yourself to the Grand Spa, which offers a hot stone massage you’ve more than earned. You can also sign up for a pedicure, facial, and manicure to feel extra pampered.
- Panoramas and pools: Witness the grandeur of Toronto when you relax on the rooftop patio garden. Or, for views of a different kind, dip your toes into the neo-classical pool and admire the opulence on display.
- The Fairmont Royal York: There’s something about nostalgia that feels so right when it comes to Toronto lodging. Perhaps that’s why the Fairmont Royal York is one of the most popular places to stay in the city. That and it is only a few minutes away from the CN Tower, Rogers Centre, and the Sony Centre for the Performing Arts. When you’re not busy gallivanting about town, however, relish in these luxuries:
- Food: Eat dinner one of hotel’s award-winning restaurants just steps from your room.
- Pool: Take a dip in the heated indoor pool that’s known just as much for the good swimming as it is for its pretty architecture.
When you’re ready to experience Toronto for yourself, jump right in. With Travelocity’s deals on cheap hotels in Toronto, you can pick and choose the accommodations that fit your needs. Make this the vacation you’ve always wanted.