FAQs about Fort Lauderdale Flights
Which airlines fly to Fort Lauderdale?
Spending some time in Fort Lauderdale? Currently, there are 15 airlines that frequent this bustling city. These are a few of the most respected carriers:
What airport is best to fly into Fort Lauderdale?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
Fort Lauderdale has just one airport, which makes booking your flight here a straightforward process. Fort Lauderdale, FL Airport (FLL-Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood Intl.) is 4 miles (7 kilometers) from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area. Where to stay in Fort Lauderdale
Choosing the ideal place to stay is a vital ingredient for a memorable travel experience. Take your pick of 341 accommodations in Fort Lauderdale and start planning the journey of your dreams!
Who doesn't enjoy the finer things in life? If you want to indulge for a night or two, make a reservation at The Ritz-Carlton, Fort Lauderdale or The Pillars Hotel. However, if you doubt you'll spend much time in your suite, how about a cheaper option like the snooze or the Grand Palm Plaza - Gay Men's Resort? Places to visit in Fort Lauderdale
Experience the fabulous flavors of this bustling metropolis by checking out places like Broward Center for the Performing Arts and Hugh Taylor Birch State Park. If you've got a little more time up your sleeve, Historic Stranahan House Museum and Bonnet House Museum and Gardens are well worth visiting too.
It doesn't matter if you want to shop for fun, or perhaps just get what you need, you'll enjoy some excellent retail therapy at Galleria. Seeking some more ideas? You definitely don't have to be a huge science enthusiast to thoroughly enjoy a day at Museum of Discovery and Science. This wonderful facility is a popular and educational tourist attraction. And there's more. Experience some inspiration, in addition to education, at Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale, which gathers, preserves and displays art to help contribute to the culture of the community. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Fort Lauderdale
These practical tips and pointers about airport security checks will save you a lot of time on your journey to Fort Lauderdale:
- Be sure you know the whereabouts of your boarding pass and travel ID. You don't want to hold up the line when you're asked to present them.
- USB sticks, wallets and mobile phones should be put in a tray for X-raying. If you pass through the body scanner with any one of these items, you'll be asked to turn back and remove them.
- Laptops need to be removed from their carry bags and placed in a tray for inspection.
- Traveling with your favorite cologne or perfume? As long as it's no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and it's placed in a clear zip-lock bag, you can keep it with you in your carry-on luggage.
- Loosen your shoelaces before approaching the body scanner. Depending on the sort of shoes you've got on, security may instruct you to remove them.
- The list of prohibited items is forever updating. Browse your carrier's official website to find out what is not allowed on board their flights.