What car rentals are onsite at Fort Lauderdale Airport?
Need a rental car in Fort Lauderdale once you land? You’ll have plenty of choices. Just head over to the left wing of the airport to pick up your ride.
- Level 2: Alamo, Thrifty, and National are on the second level
- Level 3: Avis, Continental, and Royal are on the third level
- Level 4: Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent, and Payless are on the fourth level
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Fort Lauderdale?
The minimum age is 21 years old. However, there’s usually a young driver surcharge for those under 25.
What are some road trips from Fort Lauderdale?
- Miami: Art Deco buildings with eye-popping colors, multicultural neighborhoods, and postcard-perfect beaches. Best of all, it’s only a 30-minute drive from Ft. Lauderdale.
- Florida Keys: They’re Ernest Hemingway’s old stomping grounds…and a place for every fisherman to snag the big one. But even if literary fish tales aren’t your thing, the trip across the scenic Seven Mile Bridge is well worth the drive.
- The Everglades: This park is kind of a big deal. Besides being one of the world’s biggest wetlands, it is also one of the most diverse ecosystems in the country. American alligators, panthers, manatees, and a myriad of other unique and unforgettable creatures can be found here.