Research what's scheduled in the next few months at Bonclarken Conference Center, and coordinate your stay with an event you want to attend.
Asheville, roughly 220 miles (354 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Raleigh, is where you will find it.
You'll be pleased to know there are 2 accommodations nearby. Within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Bonclarken Conference Center you will find the Highland Lake Inn & Resort and Mill House Lodge.
If you are fine with modest furnishings, you can stay at one of a handful of low-cost hotels just a short drive away. Two popular ones are the Econo Lodge and the Ramada Hendersonville.
Travelers with a sweet-tooth will find it almost impossible to turn down the range of tempting pastries, cakes and tarts at Flat Rock Cinema (2700-D Greenville Highway, Flat Rock). For a menu that will fully quell a fierce appetite, check out Highland Lake Inn & Resort (86 Lily Pad Lane, Flat Rock), which is 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Bonclarken Conference Center
Surely you weren't going to call it quits after Bonclarken Conference Center? Set aside some time to find out what else the area has to offer:
- Enjoy some of the exhibits and music shows regularly offered by Flat Rock Playhouse and become better acquainted with the local arts scene.
- History enthusiasts like to go on tours of Carl Sandburg Home National Historic Site, an unforgettable historic house.
- You can imagine you've been transported to an earlier time as you explore Connemara, a local historic residence.
- You might be a pilot, or you might just like the speed and convenience of jetting off to somewhere new and exciting. No matter how you feel about the art of flight, visitors young and old will be intrigued by Western North Carolina Air Museum.
- If you can't visit one of the more popular museums, give your knowledge a boost at Hendersonville Antique Toy Museum.