At Cold Mountain, you can let go of all of the worries of city living. Take a nice stroll, enjoy the fresh air and watch the birds flying overhead. Your body will thank you for it later.
You can find it in Canton, roughly 240 miles (386 kilometers) out of the state capital, Raleigh.
If you're hoping to stay within easy reach, there's only 1 hotel to select from. On walking out the front door of the Pisgah View Ranch, it's 6 miles (10 kilometers) to Cold Mountain.
Other Things to Do Near Cold Mountain
After you've seen all there is to see at Cold Mountain, there are plenty of other things to do in the wider area:
- Spend a few hours at Cradle of Forestry and you'll really get a sense of the location's historical significance.
- Leave the beaten trail and admire the beautiful flowing waters of Graveyard Fields Falls.
- Don't miss out on the wonderful natural beauty that awaits your enjoyment on Trace Ridge Trail. This hiking trail is extremely popular with visitors and locals alike.
- You're certain to feel relaxed as you listen to the soothing sound of cascading water at Sliding Rock.
- The water flowing over Moore Cove Falls is a gorgeous sight to see.