Experience some of the natural world's intriguing creations when you visit Coconino National Forest.
Flagstaff, where it is, is 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Phoenix.
Even though there aren't any hotels in the immediate vicinity, you won’t be left high and dry if you're looking for a warm bed and shower. Drive 40 miles (64 kilometers) and you will find Cottonwood, along with 7 places to stay. Travelers enjoy The Tavern Hotel, Quality Inn Cottonwood and Best Western Cottonwood Inn.
Other Things to Do Near Coconino National Forest
Here are a number of the area's other attractions:
- Pinewood Country Club is a great place to hone your skills and enjoy the company of like-minded new friends.
- Reading the menu at Indian Garden is a sure way to whet your appetite. This popular restaurant is a favorite choice for dinner.
- The peaceful shores of Stoneman Lake are a terrific location to breathe in the fresh air and savor the wonders of the outdoors.
- Go on a hike surrounded by nature's beauty at West Fork Oak Creek Trail, a well-known hiking trail.
- If you enjoy the great outdoors, Slide Rock State Park is a place you'll appreciate. Bring the family for a picnic and hike in the fresh air.