As you traverse this new city from the airport to your accommodation, you may see a sign proclaiming “Welcome to Philadelphia,” and you are welcome, indeed. This is the home of some of the country’s great comfort foods: the world's best cheese steak, hoagies, and pizza, if you ask the locals. It is also the "Birthplace of America," and they aren’t joking.Philadelphia is both historic and modern, and there's more to see and do here than even the biggest history buffs may realize. Book your Philadelphia airfaretoday and see for yourself.
Transportation from the Airport
Hotels near PHL Airport are well situated for visitors needing a quiet place to relax after flights to Philadelphia. Most hotels have a free shuttle service to and from the airport, or you can always hail a cab at zone 5 for reasonable rates. Renting a car is also a breeze, with courtesy phones located near the baggage claim in each terminal. All the major companies are represented and conveniently located within the terminal, with car pickup in zone 2. For the best deals, make your car reservations when booking your Philadelphia plane tickets. If you choose to use the SEPTA transit system instead, it runs from 7 a.m. until midnight. Your boarding location will depend on your arrival terminal and whether you are taking the train or the bus. No matter what mode of transport you choose, the city center is just 9 miles north, making it a breeze to get downtown.
Hotels in Philadelphia
Unless you are just passing through, you’ll probably want a hotel that is close to the main attractions of the city. In fact, even those with long layovers or who have only a day or two to explore can’t seem to resist all this historic city has to offer. Hotels in the Center City neighborhood are just as they sound: in the middle of it all. And our flight deals to Philadelphia will leave you with plenty of money to splurge.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Philadelphia has all the five-star service and luxurious amenities you have come to expect from this legendary brand.
- Sofitel Philadelphia is another name you’ll recognize, and the elegant French styling and refined décor is also unmistakable.
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel doesn’t just have four stars—it has history too. It’s inside the nation’s first skyscraper, close to both the Liberty Bell and the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
- Club Quarters Hotel provides top amenities for business travelers, including free high-speed Wi-Fi, a business lounge, and available corporate and studio apartments for long stays.
Things to Do Near PHL
The list of things to do in Philadelphia can read like a history book: visit Ben Franklin's house, see Independence Hall, and take a trip to Congress Hall. There are also sports arenas, shopping malls, and the weird-and-wonderful Mutter Museum of medical oddities. Whatever suits your fancy, you’ll find it in Philly—starting right when your Philadelphia flight touches down.
- Nature: Take a hike at John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge, which protects the state’s largest freshwater tidal march, and the thousands of rare bird species that call it home. With 1,000 acres of beauty, “America's First Urban Refuge” is a welcome respite from city life for many residents.
- Sports: Take yourself out to the ballgame! Enjoy the revelry of America’s favorite pastime at Citizens Bank Park, home of the Phillies, which comes alive during baseball season. In the winter, the Flyers hockey team takes to the ice at Wells Fargo Center, so indulge in a local craft beer and partake of the festivities.
- Shopping: Explore the state-of-the-art marvel that is the Navy Yard, a business park that is so much more. With walking paths, lunch-time food trucks, and the headquarters of worldwide brands like Urban Outfitters and Free People, the Navy Yard is worth a visit.
Explore the “City of Brotherly Love”
If you have been dreaming of a getaway that combines some of America’s most important historic sites and cultural attractions, while also leading the way in culinary creativity and modern business trends, you have found it. And whether you plan to see it all or focus your attention on a few key areas, you can rest easy knowing you found the cheapest flights to Philadelphia right here on Travelocity.