Where to stay in Los Angeles: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Los Angeles: If you prefer hanging out in the thick of the action, you won't do better than this neighborhood. There are loads of incredible sights to see here, including Staples Center and Dodger Stadium. Some favorite hotels on this side of town include the Millennium Biltmore Los Angeles, the Hilton Checkers and The Standard Downtown LA.
- Hollywood: Home to Crossroads of the World and Hollywood & Highland, there are stacks of bargains to find in this area. If you're planning to shop till you drop, find yourself a comfy room at the Gold-Diggers Hotel, the Hollywood Palms Inn and Suites or The Chateau Monroe 4. You'll be within reach of the shopping action.
- Harbor: The Cove Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, the Hyland Motel Long Beach and the Pacifica Motel are popular in this neighborhood. You'll hop out of bed feeling relaxed after a night at any of these welcoming options. If you need more to help you unwind, a stroll around Hilltop Park and El Dorado Regional Park might be just the ticket.
- Westlake: Staying at the Holiday Lodge, the Travel Inn or the Hotel Solaire Los Angeles will put you within easy reach of some of the city's best nightlife. Get dressed up and stop by The Belasco Theater, a popular after-dark spot in this neighborhood.
Los Angeles flight + hotel packages
Top Los Angeles hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Los Angeles
Los Angeles Vacations
If glitz, glamor, and gorgeous scenery speak to you, a trip to this city is everything you could ask for. Vacations in Los Angeles, California, open the doors to an inspiring and magical place with an energy that's palpable from the moment you arrive. From Universal Studios to the Huntington Library and all the way to Venice Beach, the City of Angels is unlike anywhere else. So, whether you're viewing the landscape from the impressive J. Paul Getty Museum or having barbecue in Koreatown, you'll feel the city's wonderful vibe. Ride it like a wave, wise wanderer, and let one of our Los Angeles vacations pull you in for good.
Hotels in Los Angeles
The crashing waves of California’s coast are closer than ever when you book a Travelocity vacation package in Los Angeles, CA. If this is your first trip to the Golden State and you’re not sure where to stay, here are four of the most popular hotel options:
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport: If convenience is what you seek, the Hilton might be perfect for you. Located less than half a mile from LAX, this huge hotel is also close to the city’s convention center and many other attractions. The modern guestrooms here include marble accents and handcrafted beds, as well as high-definition televisions and desks in case you need to work. The on-site Italian restaurant ensures you won’t have to go far for a bite to eat, and the Hilton’s fitness center and heated outdoor pool can help keep your body toned and relaxed.
- Loews Hollywood Hotel: Just steps from Hollywood’s Walk of Fame and the city’s famous Chinese Theatre, this ritzy hotel is home to elegant rooms with finely appointed furnishings. A few quarters here provide views of LA’s skyline, while others offer glimpses of the Hollywood Hills. Suites are available for those searching for some extra space, while the heated outdoor pool presents the perfect way to unwind after a long day. You’ll also find a hip restaurant and fully stocked cocktail bar at the luxurious Loews.
- Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport: Within 1 mile of LAX and less than 12 miles from the Santa Monica Pier and LA’s Museum of Art, this practical hotel might not be as flashy as some of the city’s other accommodation, but you’ve always appreciated simplicity. Upgraded suites with sofabeds are available, and the Four Points has a sports bar, restaurant, and coffee shop on-site to quench your thirst or please your palate. There’s also an always-open exercise center at the hotel, and a heated outdoor pool offering wonderful views.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Los Angeles LAX/El Segundo: If you’re seeking contemporary accommodations not far from the airport, look no further than the Fairfield Inn. By serving complimentary meals each morning and providing guests with free internet access throughout the day, this hotel is easy to love. Shuttle service is also available for no extra charge, and the fully featured fitness room is another nice touch.
The hotels included with some Los Angeles package deals are so nice that you may not want to leave, but one trip to the vibrant Venice Beach will keep you out for good. If you love beaches and delicious food, the Santa Monica Pier is also worth a stop. Malibu Beach, meanwhile, is a surfer's delight, while Rodeo Drive is a fashion enthusiast's dream. If you want to imagine what it would it's like to be rich and famous, go and walk around Beverly Hills. To see a real celebrity, however, head over to Hollywood Boulevard, then stay for all of its great bars and eateries. If you can find a deal on car rentals in LA, you should cruise along Mulholland Drive and soak up the scenery. Finally, Downtown LA has plenty of architectural masterpieces, such as the Walt Disney© Concert Hall, as well as sports games, including Dodgers baseball and Lakers basketball.
Festivals and Events
As you look for vacation packages in LA, the list of notable festivals and events in LA is almost endless, but the following should not be missed: the Los Angeles Marathon in February, the LA Gay Pride in June, Independence Day celebrations in July, Nisei Week Japanese Festival in August, the LA County Fair in September, and Day of the Dead (Dia de Los Muertos) in the beginning of November.
Travelocity makes it easier than ever to find a cheap vacation in Los Angeles in just minutes. Check out our selection of deals today, and you’ll be on your way to this famous city before you know it.
Tours and Activities in Los Angeles
Whether you're venturing out alone or vacationing with family, traveling's all about expanding your horizons, throwing yourself into amazing new adventures and making memories along the way. Are you all set to go?
So you've crammed your Los Angeles travel itinerary with lots of activities — that's awesome! If you're hunting for just a couple more things, check out our suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Los Angeles?
How long should my Los Angeles vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Los Angeles?
Why should I book my Los Angeles vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Los Angeles car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Los Angeles?
Which airport is best for Los Angeles?
What is there to do in Los Angeles?
Where should I stay when visiting Los Angeles?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.