There are few things more Americana than a big heaping plate of barbecue on the table, with your pooch at your feet. So if you hear the call of Dallas, Texas, telling you it’s dinner time, answer it. With big skies, big meals, and big adventures, bring man’s best friend in tow for the vacation.
Known as an up-and-coming pet-friendly city, Dallas’s restaurant and park scene is opening itself to paws of all sizes. With a leash in one hand and cowboy hat in the other, you’re ready to experience what Texas living is all about. Lasso your pick of dog-friendly hotels in Dallas, TX and get to know the sites.
What are the top things to do with your pet in Dallas?
When you’re looking for top activities to do with your pet in D-Town, look no further than these selections:
- NorthBark Dog Park: This 5-acre park is sectioned into different areas for large and small dogs. There are hills for exercise, benches for owners, and a man-made lake for pooches to swim in on hot Texas afternoons.
- White Rock Lake Dog Park: This large park is popular amongst dog owners due to its river access. Keep an eye out for any leftover fishing gear and hooks, but otherwise, it’s open season for water-loving pooches.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes: Love a good cupcake? Your pooch probably does, too. When you walk into a Sprinkles Cupcakes, keep your eye out for the dog-friendly selection.
- Mutts Canine Cantina: This dog-friendly outdoor patio and beer garden features good brews, good food, and even some pooch-friendly treats for man’s best friend.
What to do in downtown Dallas for free with your pet?
Want to get to know Dallas away from the dog parks? Here are some of the best free things to do in downtown Dallas with your pet:
- Katy Trail: Katy Trail is a popular park that was built on an old rail line. Filled with trees and shrubbery, it’s the perfect spot to run into joggers, dog owners, and causal strollers.
- Public ArtWalk: This 3.3-mile area is open for self-guided tours. Keep your pet on a leash and keep your eyes open for incredible works of art.
- Ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley: After an afternoon of exploring the sites and dog parks, you don’t have to walk all the way back to your Dallas pet-friendly hotel. You can ride the McKinney Avenue Trolley back to your room.
What’s the best BBQ in Dallas to enjoy with your pet?
If you’re in Texas, you have to eat the barbecue. So why not bring your pet along? Here are some of the top barbecue joints to try out with your furry, four-legged friend:
- Woodshed Smokehouse: This barbecue hot spot features its own dog-friendly menu that Fido or FiFi can enjoy.
- The Porch: Grab an outdoor patio with your pet and enjoy delicious barbecue pork sliders at The Porch. This spot is a favorite amongst the 20 and 30-something crowd.
Treat yourself and your pet to a trip to wide-open spaces and the smells of sweet barbecue sauce. Book your pick of pet-friendly hotels in Dallas—like Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center or The Fairmont Dallas, and experience the friendliness of Texas with man’s best friend.