You don’t have to be an oil industry magnate to enjoy the finer things that Dallas has to offer. With luxurious accommodations, award-winning fine dining, and upscale fashion boutiques, there are plenty of opportunities to channel your inner J.R. and Sue Ellen Ewing. When your Dallas flight touches down at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), you'll see why they say everything is bigger and better in Texas. Whether you've got your eye on Big D's amazing shopping, will be attending a major sporting event, or plan to tour the ranch at Southfork, Dallas plane tickets get you on your way to a fantastic, larger-than-life adventure. And when you book through Travelocity, you’re sure to find a great price on your airfare to Dallas so you can save money for your trek through North Texas.
Transportation from DFW
When you choose flights to Dallas that land at DFW, you get to take advantage of an airport with some serious conveniences. Once you deplane, the Skylink system will get you anywhere you need to go—it’s the largest people mover in the world. Rail service to both Dallas and Fort Worth is available at the CentrePort/DFW Airport Station, or you can take a DART bus from the Remote South Parking area for a quick trip to Irving. Most visitors to the Lone Star State prefer to drive, though. All Dallas flights will lead you to the baggage claim area, where you'll see signs for the shuttle bus to the airport Rental Car Center. Taxi stands are at the upper level of all terminals except Terminal D, where it's located on the lower level. Any of these options will get you to cheap hotels in Dallas near the DFW Airport quickly, so you can get started on your vacation.
Hotels Near DFW
One of the great things about the Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan area is that everything is so close to each other. And with the airport situated perfectly between the two cities, you’ll be at your hotel in a flash. Here are some of our favorite hotels near DFW:
- Great Wolf Lodge Grapevine – You’ll want to bring the whole family to this fantastic resort. The Great Wolf Lodge boasts an 80,000 square foot indoor water park, an outdoor ropes course, kids’ activities, and a host of dining and shopping options—all on-site!
- Hyatt Regency DFW – Located inside the airport’s C terminal, you’re not going to find a hotel closer to your arrival gate. This contemporary hotel is a great option for business travel, family stopovers, or as a home base for exploring the entire metro area.
- Hyatt Regency Dallas – Without the Hyatt Regency’s iconic Reunion Tower, Dallas would be missing its skyline’s most signature landmark. The 470-foot tall monolith offers sweeping vistas of the cityscape as well as a bird’s-eye view of the Trinity River Greenway below.
- Omni Dallas Hotel – This posh property is the perfect place to stay in the Big D for both business and pleasure. Connected to the convention center via a sky bridge, the hotel is also close to the Dallas Arts District, inviting eateries, and sophisticated shopping.
Things to Do Near DFW
The completely cosmopolitan city of Dallas is your playground for adventure during your stay in North Texas. Before you hit the hot spots in town, there are a few things to do near the airport first. Here are some of our favorites:
- Golf: You packed your clubs for a reason. Unwind from your long flight with a round at one of over a half-dozen courses within a 10-minute drive from the airport—including the PGA tour-stop TPC Las Colinas.
- Professional sports: Prefer to be a spectator as opposed to a participant in the action? Both MLB’s Texas Rangers and NFL’s Dallas Cowboys battle their opponents in nearby Arlington.
- Relax: About 2 miles north of the end of the runway, you’ll find Grapevine Lake, home to multiple recreation areas, open parks, and hiking trails.
Enjoy the Dallas/Fort Worth Area
Whether you're looking for sporting events, world-class cuisine, or epic outdoor adventures on the plains, Travelocity’s vacation packages can make your trip affordable and fun. If you're on the hunt for the cheapest flights to Dallas, you can get exclusive mobile deals on the Travelocity app. Those Dallas flight deals can turn into a Texas-sized bargain when you bundle them with your accommodations, too. You can also save enough cash to make the Ewings green with envy when you book a hotel and flight at the same time. Talk about some Lone Star savings!