Renowned for its quirky culture, lush trees, and ecological sensibilities, Portland, Oregon, sticks to its motto: Keep Portland Weird. Shuffle your feet through misty streets and tuck in for a cozy afternoon in beloved bookstores and coffee nooks. Between gourmet brunch and dusk-to-dawn nightlife, let this riverside city carry you away to its glistening gardens and carefully curated museums. Try a boat tour through the Willamette River for a waterside view of the city's Victorian architecture and numerous bridges. But before you can float through the City of Roses, you’ve got to book Portland plane tickets and fly. Choose from our flight deals to Portland and pack your best rain boots and your lucky coffee cozy, because you’re about to embark on an adventure to the Pacific Northwest, where puddles are made for stomping and espresso is made for sipping.
Transportation from PDX
Flights to Portland arrive at Portland International (PDX), located just 12 miles northeast of the downtown waterfront. Drivers find the grid-like streets easy to navigate, so renting some vacation wheels before you fly is a convenient option. Portland also has stellar public transportation and you can ride the Red line all the way from the PDX TriMet MAX station into town.
Love to see the world by the power of your own two feet? You’ll be happy to hear the airport features extensive biking facilities and Bridgetown is very bike-friendly. An assembly and repair facility is located near the TriMet MAX station, so you can assemble your bike after your Portland flight lands.
Hotels near PDX
If there’s something Portland accommodation has in spades, it’s charm. In a city that embraces the uniqueness of each street corner and loves local businesses like family, you’ll be hard-pressed to find two hotels that are the same. Book one of these guest favorites:
- The Paramount Hotel: Located near Pioneer Courthouse Square and Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall, the Paramount is the perfect place to escape in the center of a brisk and beautiful city. Before you abscond to a concert, dine at the hotel restaurant and pick up your eveningwear from the in-house dry cleaning service.
- Hotel Modera: Also located downtown, Hotel Modera is literally steps from the Keller Fountain Park and Keller Auditorium, where Broadway shows often visit the city. Stay in a bold, contemporary room and wake up to views of the garden.
- The Benson, a Coast Hotel: When you stand outside the stately Benson, your expectations will soar, and then you’ll step inside and see the ornate ceilings and warm woodwork, and you’ll never want to leave. But you must, because the Portland Institute of Contemporary Art is a short walk away.
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Portland: Like the principality on the French Riviera, the rooms at Kimpton Hotel Monaco are both plush and bright. Indulge in a spa treatment or two and take advantage of the proximity to luxury shopping at Pioneer Place.
Things to Do in Portland
There’s always something interesting going on in Portland, and we’re not even referring to the annual World Naked Bike Ride or the Portland Zombie Walk. In fact, Stumptown is known for its thoughtful side. Book brilliant Portland airfare and add these sights to your getaway:
- International Rose Test Garden: Ever wonder where the brilliant blooms of hybrid roses get their start? This test garden is home to award-winning variations of new roses, and it’s lovely.
- Portland Saturday Market: Though this smorgasbord of local art, food, and busking takes place only on the weekends, you’ll find handmade gifts to take home to your friends and family…or to keep as a memento of an amazing trip.
- Cartopia: On Hawthorne Boulevard starting at 13th Avenue, Cartopia is a hub for delicious and inventive street food. Graze on everything from Korean barbecue to Jamaican jerk chicken.
- Powell’s City of Books: Powell’s is more than a paperback purveyor; it’s the mothership for bibliophiles everywhere. Make sure you make it up to the Pearl Room to browse the collection of rare books.
With so much to do, see, and savor in Portland, you’ll want the best travel deals available. Travelocity’s price-matching guarantee will help you find the cheapest flights to Portland on the internet, so you can fly with confidence, which is exactly what you’ll need to help Portland stay weird.