ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
At this Midtown hotel, you'll be well placed to visit Times Square and Broadway, both steps away. 5th Avenue and Bryant Park are also within half a mile (1 km).
A full-service spa, a 24-hour fitness center, and a restaurant are all featured at this smoke-free hotel. Families will appreciate the onsite laundry facilities and in-room childcare. Enjoy the indoor pool and perks like free WiFi.
Free Internet, comfy beds
The 76 soundproofed guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, as well as comfy beds. Other amenities include iPod docks, 24-hour room service, and LCD TVs with digital channels.
Reviews from Trip Advisor
89.0% of guests recommend out of 1341 reviews
About the The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York CityLocation 130 W. 44th Street, New York, NY 10036
The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a sauna. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. Event space at this hotel measures 1500 square feet (139 square meters). A 24-hour fitness center, spa services, and tour/ticket assistance are also featured at the luxury The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City. A roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. For a fee, parking is available. For a fee, the property may offer extended parking privileges after check-out. This 5-star New York hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 76 guestrooms or units
- 10 levels
- 1500 sq ft of conference space
- 139 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1905
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Supervised kid's activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Microwave (on request)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: New York, NY (JFK-John F. Kennedy Intl.) (27.3 km / 16.9 mi)
- Train station: New York Grand Central Terminal Station (1.7 km / 1 mi)
- Metro station: 5 Av Station (W. 42nd St.) (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City offers 76 air-conditioned accommodations with iPod docking stations and minibars. Pillowtop beds feature Frette Italian sheets. A pillow menu is available. 42-inch LCD televisions come with premium digital channels, first-run movies, and pay movies. Bathrooms include bathtubs or showers with rainfall showerheads, bathrobes, slippers, and designer toiletries. This New York hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers, and laptop-compatible safes. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottled water and hair dryers. Microwaves, refrigerators, and in-room massages can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily.
- Pillowtop beds
- IPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Digital channels
- Premium channels
- First-run movies
- Movies for purchase
- Refrigerator available
- Microwave available
- Frette Italian linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Bathtub or shower
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
The Lambs Club Restaurant - This restaurant serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a sauna, and a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
Red Door Spa has 3 treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs, and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a spa tub. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Spa tub in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body wraps
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transportation is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 100.0 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 75.0 per night.
- Pets: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room (weight limit: 25 lbs)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: USD 44 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 185 per vehicle (one-way)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65.00 per day
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet, per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD 75.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 100.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Chatwal Luxury Collection
- Chatwal Luxury Collection Hotel
- Chatwal Luxury Collection Hotel New York
- Chatwal Luxury Collection New York
- The Chatwal Hotel New York City
- Chatwal Luxury Collection Hotel New York City
- Chatwal Luxury Collection New York City
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).