ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
Heart of Chicago
Within a 15-minute walk of this Near North Side hotel, you'll find Chicago History Museum and 900 North Michigan Shops. North Avenue Beach and Navy Pier are also within 2 miles (3 km).
Dining options, 2 bars/lounges
This smoke-free hotel's 2 restaurants, 2 bars/lounges, and 24-hour fitness center are some of the featured amenities. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. A coffee shop, limo/town car service, and a lobby fireplace are also on offer.
Free Internet, LCD TVs
The 285 guestrooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, LCD TVs with digital channels, and 24-hour room service. Minibars, Frette Italian sheets, and coffee/tea makers are also available.
Ambassador Chicago ratings based on 20 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Ambassador Chicago
Dec 11, 2018 by Angel Tenemaza
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Ambassador Chicago, we truly appreciate your five star rating. We will definitely share this with the entire staff. We hope to welcome you back soon! Sincerely, Angel Tenemaza Director of Front Office
Great location, cute hotel
Jan 3, 2018 by Angel Tenemaza
Dear Amy, Thank you for staying at the iconic Ambassador Chicago, we appreciate your 5 star review. We will forward your kind words to our entire staff and we hope to welcome you back home soon. Sincerely, Angel Tenemaza Front Office Manager
Nice hotel in a very nice area.
Visiting new grandchild
Great value. Good location
Nice boutique hotel near lincoln park
Nice, Quiet and convenient
Boutique hotel with a great staff!
Great location - Room ok
Mar 26, 2015 by David Miskit
Thank you for your review of PUBLIC Chicago. We understand that gracious, candid feedback drives success. We are delighted to read that you found our staff helpful and attentive and your accommodations clean and well kept. We do hope that youâll give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. STAYPUBLIC David Miskit General Manager PUBLIC Chicago
About the Ambassador ChicagoLocation 1301 N State Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60610
Ambassador Chicago offers its guests a 24-hour fitness center and complimentary bicycles. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. A computer station is on site, and both WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. Business amenities include a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and meeting rooms. Event space at this hotel measures 8600 square feet (799 square meters) and includes conference space. Tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and concierge services are also featured at the business-friendly Ambassador Chicago. You'll have access to the health club at a partner property. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star Chicago hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 285 guestrooms or units
- 17 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- 10 conference rooms
- 8600 sq ft of conference space
- 799 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1926
- Coffee shop
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) (28 km / 17.4 mi)
- Train station: Millennium Station (2.7 km / 1.7 mi)
- Metro station: Clark-Division Station (0.5 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Ambassador Chicago offers 285 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature Frette Italian sheets and premium bedding. 42-inch LCD televisions come with premium digital channels and pay movies. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is provided daily.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Digital channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Frette Italian linens
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (heating)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy full breakfast daily.
Booth One - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
The Library - This coffee shop specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Lake Michigan's 35-mile-long path for running, walking, bicycling, or in-line skating is two blocks from the hotel. Bikes, in-line skates, and recreational equipment can be rented at several beachfront locations. In summer, Oak Street Beach and North Avenue Beach, both a half-mile from the hotel, are open for swimming.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Game viewing on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 50 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Union Pay
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9.00 and USD 75.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 67 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Chicago PUBLIC
- Ambassador Chicago Hotel
- PUBLIC Hotel
- PUBLIC Hotel Chicago
- Ambassador East Chicago
- Ambassador East Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Ambassador East
- Public Chicago Hotel Chicago
- PUBLIC Chicago Hotel
You should know
- Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.