Filling your lungs with the clean air at Cave of The Mounds National Natural Landmark is a wonderful way to ease your harried nerves.
It's one of the many attractions that makes Madison, the state capital, such a popular travel destination.
Give yourself some time when looking for hotel options nearby. There aren't any in the immediate vicinity, but there are plenty a little farther away. Baraboo is just 35 miles (56 kilometers) away and has 5 places that are ready and waiting to serve you. Enquire about a reservation at the Best Western Baraboo Inn, Clarion Hotel and Convention Center and Thunderbird Motor Inn Baraboo.
Other Things to Do Near Cave of The Mounds National Natural Landmark
After you're finally finished with Cave of The Mounds National Natural Landmark, you're not likely to be at a loss for ideas with all of the other possibilities in the area:
- Leave your troubles behind and head to the wintry wonderland of Tyrol Basin Ski & Snowboard Area and make the most of the fresh powder.
- Whether you are a real enthusiast or just love popping a bottle open with friends, Botham Vineyards is an excellent place to taste the flavors of the area.
- Folklore Village features exhibits, art courses and music shows that are sure to lend you an appreciation of the area's arts scene.
- Put on your swimsuits, grab your towels and prepare for a day of family fun at Goodman Aquatic Center.
- You'll enjoy some inspiration, as well as education, at Nick Engelbert's Grandview, which obtains, safeguards and presents art for the benefit of the community.