Lauded as one of the area's best natural attractions, Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge will excite nature enthusiasts.
To reach it, go approximately 100 miles (161 kilometers) from the state capital, Richmond, until you arrive at Norfolk - Virginia Beach.
Accommodations are few and far between in the 60 miles (97 kilometers) around Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, but you'll be able to find them if you're able to drive a little farther. Why not enquire about a bed 65 miles (105 kilometers) away at the Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg? If that doesn't suit your itinerary, try the Williamsburg Inn, 60 miles (97 kilometers) away, or the Parkside Williamsburg Resort, 55 miles (89 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge
Surely you weren't intending to call it a day after Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge? Give yourself some time to experience what else the wider region has in store:
- Looking to escape the hustle and bustle? Lie next to the water at Sandbridge Beach and listen to the songs of the seabirds.
- Experience a lovely day out in the sunshine and get your body moving at False Cape State Park, one of the area's finest parks.
- Discover the wonder and magic of flight at Military Aviation Museum. This is one of the area's most renowned attractions, where you will be able to enjoy hands-on learning through various interactive exhibits.
- Golf is a great way to relax while getting some exercise. So if you'd like to give it a try, tee off at Hell's Point Golf Club.
- Notch a few birdies, get your body moving and challenge yourself at Heron Ridge Golf Club.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge? Check out our Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge travel guide!