You're bound to have an interesting experience when you visit Sunset Crater.
Flagstaff, roughly 140 miles (225 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Phoenix, is where you'll find it.
If you're after a place to rest your head, you'll need to travel over 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers). 40 miles (64 kilometers) away in Cottonwood, you'll discover as many as 7 places to stay. The Tavern Hotel, Quality Inn Cottonwood and Best Western Cottonwood Inn are a few examples of what's available to you here.
Other Things to Do Near Sunset Crater
Whether you're wanting to venture down the road less traveled or explore the more popular attractions, you won't run out of things to do after your outing to Sunset Crater:
- Admire the works of art being displayed at Fatherwolf Designs and Gallery.
- Spend some time in the outdoors and wonder at the photographic landscape from a new perspective at Humphrey's Peak.
- To have a complete experience in the region, you mustn't miss the opportunity to witness the landscape from an elevated outlook like Humphreys Peak.
- Do some shopping at Flagstaff Mall and The Marketplace, where you can score almost anything you need, such as fashion items, souvenirs and general supplies.
- Toss the ball around with your kids and enjoy the green surroundings at Bushmaster Park. You can even pack a picnic and really make an afternoon of it.