You'll certainly enjoy your excursion to Folsom State Prison and Museum.
Those who want to check it out will need to head out to the state capital, Sacramento.
2 miles (3 kilometers) away, the Lake Natoma Inn is the closest hotel to Folsom State Prison and Museum. Apart from that, options in the immediate vicinity are tricky to come by.
You'll find one upmarket hotel in the surrounding area, so make sure you make a reservation at the Oakwood at Iron Point, 3 miles (5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Folsom State Prison and Museum
Here are some of the area's other popular diversions:
- With a range of interesting species, Folsom City Zoo is always the perfect place to visit and learn unique stories about each animal.
- Don't miss out on the beauty of nature that awaits at The Darrington Mountain Bike Trail. This local trail is very popular among those wanting a scenic walk.
- The halls of Folsom Powerhouse possess some interesting history. Find out more about this respected structure by going on a tour.
- Play a few games at Folsom Lake Bowl Casino if you enjoy glittering glamour and the exhiliration when the roulette wheel spins up.
- History enthusiasts must visit Folsom History Museum, where history comes to life to tell stories from the past.