ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
At this Near North Side hotel, you'll be well placed to visit John Hancock Center and Water Tower Place, both within a 5-minute walk. State Street and Michigan Avenue are also within half a mile (1 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. A coffee shop, a terrace, and limo/town car service are also on offer.
Free WiFi, LCD TVs
Along with free WiFi, the 415 guestrooms offer 24-hour room service and LCD TVs. Minibars, premium bedding, and separate bathtubs and showers are also available.
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile ratings based on 65 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile
Oct 23, 2018 by Volkan Pakis
Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Loved it all!
About the Sofitel Chicago Magnificent MileLocation 20 E Chestnut St, Chicago, IL 60611
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Business amenities include a 24-hour business center and limo/town car service. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. A 24-hour fitness center, a library, and a terrace are also featured at the luxury Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile. For a fee, parking is available. This Art Deco Chicago hotel is smoke free.
- 415 guestrooms or units
- 32 levels
- Built in 2002
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business center (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) (28.9 km / 18 mi)
- Train station: Millennium Station (1.9 km / 1.2 mi)
- Metro station: Chicago Station (Red Line) (0.2 km / 0.1 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile offers 415 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Beds feature premium bedding. 32-inch LCD televisions come with pay movies. Bathrooms include separate bathtubs and showers, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. This Chicago hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary weekday newspapers, and phones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding. Renovation of all guestrooms was completed in April 2018.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Movies for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Separate shower and tub
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Weekday newspapers (free)
- Hair dryer
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests can enjoy cooked-to-order breakfast for a fee.
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile has a restaurant on site.
24-hour room service is available.
The 24-hour fitness center at Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile offers treadmills, stationary bicycles, free weights, and weight-training machines. Guests also receive discounted access to a nearby health club providing an indoor lap pool, basketball court, indoor running track, and fitness classes.
The hotel is 5 blocks from Lake Michigan, where guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Oak Street Beach, a half-mile away, is popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Within 5 miles of the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are welcome and stay free
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 30 lb)
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
A valid credit card is required to hold a reservation at this property. This property may place an authorization of $1 prior to your arrival. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card, or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Pets allowed (no fees)
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 125.00 per night
- Resort fee: USD 17.61 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Internet access
- Phone calls
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25.00 and USD 40.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 200.00 per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Sofitel Chicago Tower
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower
- Sofitel Water
- Sofitel Water Hotel
- Sofitel Water Hotel Chicago Tower
- Chicago Sofitel
- Sofitel Chicago Water Hotel
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel Chicago
- Sofitel Chicago Water Tower Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower Hotel
- Sofitel Water Tower
- Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
Green / Sustainable Property
This property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a program that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy.