FAQs about Galveston Flights
Where to stay in Galveston
Choosing the perfect place to stay is an important ingredient for a fantastic travel experience. Select from 331 hotels in Galveston and start planning the adventure of your dreams!
You're on vacation! Why not treat yourself to a night of luxury? If you want service fit for royalty and soft, silky sheets, make a reservation at The Tremont House, A Wyndham Grand Hotel or the Hotel Galvez & Spa, A Wyndham Grand Hotel. If you'd prefer to spend your hard-earned cash on memorable Galveston activities, secure your room at the Knights Inn Galveston or the BeachTree Motel. Places to visit in Galveston
Travelers will want to visit the Moody Gardens and Bishop's Palace. Are you after more things to do in this happening city? The Texas Seaport Museum and Grand 1894 Opera House should keep you occupied.
Galveston Island Railroad Museum is a popular tourist site for many tourists and locals alike. Remember to make it part of your itinerary. Need some more ideas? Plan a visit to Seawolf Park, a memorial that serves as a reminder of the past. And that's not all. Remember to check out the collections at Rosenberg Library, a local library. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Galveston
Your journey to Galveston begins as soon as you've finished all the security checks. We've summarized a few useful tips to help you pass through quickly:
- Airport security staff will ask to see your boarding pass and travel ID as part of their checks. Store them in a convenient place, so they're all ready for inspection.
- Take off your jewellery, belt and shoes before arriving at the security checkpoint. Items like these are not allowed to pass through the body scanner.
- Electronic goods such as laptops, tablets and phones will need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Be sure you can get to them quickly.
- When it comes to traveling with gels or liquids, all passengers are allowed a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to store containers no greater than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Untie your shoelaces before approaching the body scanner. Depending on the sort of shoes you've got on, security may ask you to take them off.
- Some destinations have stringent quarantine laws. Consider where you're journeying to and whether or not you can fly with fresh fruit.