By far the biggest and most populous city in North Carolina, Charlotte has an incredible amount of indoor and outdoor activities to offer guests exploring the area for the first time. With massive theme parks, a wealth of cultural centers, and plenty of sporting venues throughout the city, you won’t have a hard time finding something to do in this celebrated Southern jewel.
Where to stay in Charlotte
If you’re eager to spend some time in North Carolina’s capital city, Charlotte has an abundance of accommodations awaiting your arrival. Not quite sure where to stay? Here’s a closer look at some of the most popular Charlotte hotels.
- Omni Charlotte Hotel: Situated in the center of the city’s financial district is where you’ll find this upscale hotel that takes luxury to another level. Located a mere 15 minutes from Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, and connected by sky bridge to 12 surrounding city blocks, the Omni is among the best places to stay in Charlotte and is just steps away from Discovery Palace, the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, and the Epicentre entertainment district. Here are a few other highlights:
- Kids program: Young ones will love Omni’s Sensational Kids program, which presents them with fun-filled backpacks upon check-in and a delivery of milk and cookies before bed.
- Breakfast: Redefine how you start your day at the Omni’s award-winning Art of Breakfast Buffet, featuring dishes made from locally sourced ingredients.
- Drinks: Sample pints of regional beers or sip on signature cocktails at Trade, the Omni’s leisurely on-site lounge.
- Dancing: Staying for the weekend? Don’t miss the hotel’s exclusive Sunday Funday celebration, including DJ beats and delicious drinks near the Omni’s rooftop pool.
- Discovery: Learn about the latest science and technology at nearby Discovery Place, a museum that all Omni guests receive free admission to.
- HYATT house Charlotte/Center City: With an excellent location in Charlotte’s Uptown district, the Hyatt House provides guests with a resplendent respite in the center of the city. Inside the hotel, you’ll find plenty of amenities to meet your every whim, while some of the city’s finest restaurant and cultural centers are just yards away from the Hyatt’s entrance.
- Space: Each of the hotel’s residential-style rooms provides plenty of space for stretching out and full-featured kitchens for easy meal preparation.
- Breakfast: Swing by the Hyatt’s Morning Spread buffet, offering piping hot breakfasts alongside an awesome omelet bar.
- Pool: Let your worries dissolve in the Hyatt’s ease-inducing pool, then warm your bones by the fireplace on the hotel’s seventh floor.
- Market: Hankering for a late-night snack? The Hyatt’s Guest Market offers quick bites and other supplies at any hour of the day.
- The Westin Charlotte: Committed to helping you feel happier and healthier by the time you check out, the Westin Charlotte is another of the finest hotels in Charlotte. Thanks to its proximity to the convention center, business travelers will love the accommodations here and with 24 banquet rooms, more than 44,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, and a dedicated event specialist, you’ll have no problem pulling off your big event. Foodies like you will also delight in the delicious dishes from the Westin’s restaurants:
- JP Charlotte: Take your taste buds to the next level at JP Charlotte, where traditional American meals are complemented by exquisitely crafted cocktails and award-winning wines.
- SoCo Bar: From morning coffee to end-of-evening nightcaps, count on this lobby-adjacent bar to quench your thirst throughout the day.
- Charlotte Marriott City Center: The past meets the future at this ultramodern accommodation situated in the heart of Charlotte. Although this history-rich residential-style building has been around for generations, it’s recently been outfitted with cutting-edge technology and now sports a redesigned, open-floor lobby. Here are a few highlights:
- Retail shop: Sample locally sourced cups of joe and pick up precious gifts at the hotel’s coffee social hub and retail shop, located adjacent to the lobby.
- Marriott’s Innovation Lab: Provide instant feedback to the staff by making use of Marriott’s Innovation Lab technology, the first of its kind in the country.
- Event space: With 20,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, the hotel’s high-tech hub lets you host epic events attendees will never forget.
- Food: Visit the on-site restaurant, Stoke, to treat your taste buds to Southern-inspired, farm-to-table dishes prepared in a first-class, wood-fired kitchen.
- Gym: Hit the hotel’s innovative exercise room and get your heart pumping by accessing more than 600 on-demand workouts using the latest and greatest equipment.
Choose from the web’s best selection of Charlotte hotel rooms when you use Travelocity to reserve your stay in North Carolina. Our extensive catalog of lodging options makes it easy for you to book cheap hotels near Charlotte’s hottest attractions at any time of year. Choose your preferred hotel and the dates best for you, then get set for an unforgettable trip to the Queen City.