Breathing in the fresh air at Wilderness State Park is a great way to calm your restless mind.
You will find it in Michigan.
It's a good idea to book your accommodation before you leave, as there are no hotels around Wilderness State Park. The Hotel Iroquois, the Cottages at Bay Harbor and the Island House Hotel are among the most convenient ones, situated 14 miles (23 kilometers), 25 miles (40 kilometers) and 14 miles (23 kilometers) away, respectively.
Other Things to Do Near Wilderness State Park
After your time at Wilderness State Park, get ready for the other excellent attractions available in the region:
- Headlands International Dark Sky Park is a protected piece of land where you can take a stroll, and hopefully see some animals and birds.
- McGulpin Point Lighthouse has escorted many seamen away from danger throughout its history and is an important monument in the region.
- It's one thing to learn more about historical sites from a textbook, but when you experience a place like Mackinaw Heritage Village, it makes everything more personal.
- Take a moment and flip through a magazine in Colonial Michilimackinac Park, a leafy green sanctuary.
- More than just a bridge, Mackinac Bridge is a fantastic example of how modern design can blend functionality and art.