Book a Bed and Breakfast in Mackinac Island
Featured B&B in Mackinac Island
Bed and Breakfast in Mackinac Island
As you explore beautiful Mackinac Island, you might feel as though you’ve been transported to another time. Horse-drawn carriages, Victorian cottages, and nearly untouched scenes of nature dominate this land mass. Immerse yourself in the island’s relaxed way of life and secure a comfortable place to stay by booking a Mackinac Island bed and breakfast.
What to Know Before Visiting Mackinac Island
- The island, located in Lake Huron, is known for its natural wonders. The spectacular Mackinac Island State Park comprises about 80 percent of the island, which is home to the iconic Arch Rock limestone formation and historic Fort Mackinac.
- Summer is the most popular time to visit. If you come during shoulder season, book a charming bed and breakfast with air conditioning, like the .
- You can take a boat to the island from Mackinaw City, in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula, or from St. Ignace, in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. There’s also a small airline that flies to the island via St. Ignace. Upon arrival, you’ll find most hotels and attractions are conveniently located a short walk or bike ride away, as the island only covers 3.7 square miles.
Why Choose a Bed and Breakfast?
- Mackinac Island Bed and breakfast inns like the offer access to local innkeepers who know the island. Receive advice from a local as to where on the island you’ll find the best Mackinac Island fudge, or how to access the Native American Cultural History Trail inside Mackinac Island State Park.
- The true highlight of a B&B? The breakfast, of course. You can thank us when you’re sipping hot coffee and savoring the famous biscuits on the stately porch at
Carriage tours, picturesque views of Lake Huron, and the seemingly endless number of photo ops inside Mackinac Island State Park await you. Reserve one of the charming Mackinac Island bed and breakfasts today, and don’t forget to pack comfortable shoes for the eight-mile bike ride around the island!