There’s probably no city with a more fitting nickname than that of San Diego. With its location on the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean and ridiculous amount of sunny days, San Diego truly deserves the moniker of “America’s Finest City.” Whether you’re going for a stroll in the sand as the ocean washes over your feet or you’re exploring the bustling avenues of downtown, our San Diego lodging options will serve as a perfect home base. The sun, the fun, the surf, and the sand blend together to make a trip here unforgettable.
Best Places to Stay in San Diego
In a city that’s considered to be the country’s finest, it should come as no surprise that you’ll find incredible accommodations all over the metro area. From bayside to beachfront, you won’t regret booking one of our incredible San Diego hotels during your Southern California retreat:
- Catamaran Resort and Spa: Located in the happening community of Pacific Beach and sandwiched between Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean, this exotic accommodation looks like it belongs on the island of Maui. The lobby is full of cascading waterfalls and tropical plants where red and blue macaws relax on the branches. When you get hungry, enjoy a bayfront meal at the Oceana Coastal Kitchen where a plate of Sea of Cortez scallops and a mai tai go hand in hand.
- Wyndham San Diego Bayside: Nothing says vacation like drawing open the shades and peering out over the pristine waters of San Diego Bay. Rent a Segway and go for an urban adventure around the downtown area checking out areas like Little Italy and the East Village. You’ll be a local in no time.
- The Dana on Mission Bay-BW Premier Collection: When a place is situated on a piece land called Sunset Point you know it’s going to be amazing. Sip on a pina colada at the pool while the sun dips below the horizon, painting the horizon with streaks of purple, orange, and red. If you want to explore areas outside of the hotel, make your way to Mission Beach and ride the historic Giant Dipper roller coaster.
Best Neighborhood Luxury Hotels
You didn’t come to this incredible waterfront city to shack up in a backpacker’s hostel. Those days are far behind you. You came to lay your head down on a plush pillow with thread counts that are through the roof. You came to stay in hotel rooms in San Diego where incredible views are mandatory. You came to live like royalty for the time being.
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego in the Marina District: Living in the lap of luxury on San Diego Bay is as easy as booking a room at the unbelievable here. This place offers up some of the best views of the city and the surrounding area. Depending on what direction your room is facing, you’ll be able to see all the way down to Mexico. Get yourself a poolside cabana and relax in the famous Southern California sun before heading to the Top of the Hyatt bar for a view and a cocktail. When you’re thinking about where to stay in San Diego, this place is hard to beat.
- The Omni Hotel San Diego in the Gaslamp Quarter: If you’re looking to stay in the heart of the city’s nightlife district, the Omni Hotel San Diego will be your home away from home. Before venturing out to explore the many bars and hotspots that are within walking distance of this fine establishment, be sure to take advantage of everything this place has to offer—the fantastic pool and wellness center are great places to start.
Attractions Around Town
If you thought the list of things to do ends with going to the beach all day, you’d be mighty wrong. Sure, the beaches here are unreal, but there’s much more to this fine city which might influence your hotel search:
- Balboa Park: This park just north of downtown is the place to be when the time comes for museum and art gallery exploring. But the main attraction here is the world famous San Diego Zoo where the pandas are the stars of the show.
- Brewery Tour: If you’ve read anything about this town you know it’s famous for its craft beer scene. Sign up for one of the many brew tours and explore as many of these magical liquid factories as you can.
We’re not fortune tellers, but we can see a trip to the shores of Southern California in your near future. All you have to do is book one of Travelocity’s great San Diego hotel deals and leave your everyday worries behind you. You won’t need them for a while.