Human beings weren't meant to spend all their time living in cities, surrounded by concrete. A trip to places such as Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge isn't just a lot of fun, it's a necessity.
You will find it in Charlestown, roughly 35 miles (56 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Providence.
Since it's just 0.8 miles (1.3 kilometers) away, The Windswept Inn is the ideal place to get a room for those who'd like to stay within close range of Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge.
Other Things to Do Near Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge
Whether you'd like to get off the main tourist track or explore the more well-known attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do after visiting Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge:
- Kettle Pond Visitors Center can provide you with all the information you'll need to ensure you make the most of your trip.
- Get stars in your eyes while visiting Frosty Drew Observatory, and contemplate an universe outside our scope of comprehension.
- Are you looking to give your wallet a workout? The famed Fantastic Umbrella Factory is an iconic store on many people's shopping itineraries.
- There's really nothing else like the peace of mind you'll get from dipping your toes into the water. Take some time out and savor the reflection of the sun on the water at East Beach.
- Get the family together and head to Charlestown Town Beach, where you can play in the water to your heart's content!