Every now and then, we all need some time away from the little ones. Grandfather Vineyard & Winery is the answer.
It's situated in Boone. If you're not familiar with the name, it is 180 miles (290 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Raleigh.
Since it's only 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, many people who visit Grandfather Vineyard & Winery choose to stay at the Smoketree Lodge, a VRI Resort.
If sophisticated furniture and facilities are not really your style, have a look at some of the budget solutions available. You might like to reserve a room at the Banner Haven B&B and Cabin Rentals and the Valle Crucis Farm.
A cup of coffee and a straight-from-the-oven pastry at Dunkin' Donuts (10656 North Carolina 105, Banner Elk) is a proven combination after a busy afternoon. You can indulge in a more substantial taste of the area's culinary scene at Grandview Restaurant (10575 North Carolina 105, Banner Elk).
Other Things to Do Near Grandfather Vineyard & Winery
If you want to explore more than just Grandfather Vineyard & Winery, get a taste of what else the area has to offer:
- Let the family enjoy a wonderful day out at Grandfather Trout Farm. Little else compares to interacting with animals to truly appreciate the wonders of nature.
- Whether it's shimmering metals or lumps of coal, you never quite know what nature's hiding in a mine. Joining in on a tour of The Greater Foscoe Mining Co. is a great way to make a few discoveries for yourself
- Indulge your love of nature with an adventure in Julian Price Park, a popular recreational area.
- Leave your troubles behind and head to the icy wonderland of Hawksnest Tubing Park and make the most of the fresh powder.
- Whether it's rare gemstones or lumps of coal, you never know what you're going to find in a mine. Taking part in a tour of Sugar Creek Gem Mine is a great way to make a few discoveries for yourself