Leave all of your smart contraptions behind and take some respite from the stresses of modern life at Gooseberry Falls State Park.
To see it, travel about 170 miles (274 kilometers) from the state capital, St. Paul, until you reach Duluth.
Most wanderers journey here with similar ideas of what they'd like to do, and because there is only 1 hotel nearby, it's easy to meet new friends. From Grand Superior Lodge, it is only 2 miles (3 kilometers) to Gooseberry Falls State Park.
Other Things to Do Near Gooseberry Falls State Park
If you're hoping to cram as much as possible into your vacation, have a look at what else is going on:
- Castle Danger Brewery is a fun spot to spend the day. Take a glance behind the scenes and learn how they make their trademark brew.
- If you would like a sweeping view of the ocean, be sure to stop by Stoney Point. This impressive cape is ideal to visit on a balmy summer afternoon.
- If you love the beauty of nature, Split Rock Lighthouse State Park is a place you will certainly appreciate. Bring the family for a hike in the fresh air.
- Put on your hiking shoes and head out to Split Rock Loop Trail. This popular scenic trail is an ideal way to really experience the natural beauty of the region.
- Find peace in the tranquil sound of running water at Caribou River.