FAQs about Rapid City Flights
Which airlines fly to Rapid City?
Booking a ticket with United Airlines is the best option if you intend to start your unforgettable vacation in Rapid City. What airport is best to fly into Rapid City?
Rapid City has just one airport. You'll be strolling through the arrivals gate at Rapid City, SD Airport (RAP-Rapid City Regional), which is located 9 miles (15 kilometers) from the city center. Where to stay in Rapid City
Every extraordinary journey starts with a single step — along with a nice place to lay your head! Organize your Rapid City accommodations through Travelocity and you'll have 49 properties to pick from.
Nothing beats the thrill of organizing your accommodations for your next trip. But after spending loads of time comparing amenities and prices, it can get a little tiresome. So why not take our advice and choose one of our recommended properties, like The Rushmore Hotel and Suites? Places to visit in Rapid City
Your family is guaranteed to have a fantastic day of fun with the games and rides at Dinosaur Park, a well-liked local theme park. Like some more options? You can find the perfect souvenirs and gifts for family and friends at Rushmore Mall. Be sure to buy yourself a few treats, too! But that's not all there is. For a greater insight into the character of the area, participate in a visitors' tour of the campus and significant buildings of South Dakota School of Mines and Technology. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Rapid City
If you like the idea of spending more time at the airport bars and restaurants and less time navigating your way through security on your way to Rapid City, just follow these useful tips:
- Have your boarding pass and travel ID easily accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be told to produce by airport security.
- Be aware that metal belt buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you're wearing one, you may be told to step back and take it off before continuing.
- Ensure your laptop, phone and other electronic devices are within easy reach. These items need to be put through the X-ray machine in separate bins.
- When it comes to traveling with liquids or gels, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to transport containers no bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Untie your shoelaces as you approach the body scanner. Depending on the sort of shoes you're wearing, security may instruct you to remove them.
- Stash any pocketknives or other sharp metal items inside your checked luggage. Security won't allow such things in carry-on baggage.