Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Rapid City, a cosmopolitan and family-friendly city known for its art galleries and monuments, as well as sights like Art Alley and Museum of the American Bison. Choose from Travelocity's 32 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Rapid City and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Rapid City with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Berlin Wall Exhibit, Dinosaur Park, and Black Hills Caverns.
- Other things to see include Main Street Square, Flags and Wheels Indoor Racing, and Journey Museum & Learning Center.
- Need a pet store? Try Runnings, Pet Pantry, or Refined Reef.
- For vet care, TLC Pet Hospital, Heig Nicholas Dvm - Canyon Lake Veterinary Hosp, and Animal Clinic of Rapid City are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Rapid City
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City
Pets stay free at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its central location and spacious rooms.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rapid City
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
- Grand Gateway Hotel
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its central location and spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Rapid City
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. Here are the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help plan your trip in Rapid City.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 51°F in the daytime to 13°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 81°F and the nighttime average is 26°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 86°F in the daytime to 40°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 67°F and the nighttime average is 13°F.