The Twin Cities region of Minnesota has more to offer than its understated Midwestern charm. From stunning scenery to adrenaline-pumping attractions, there's no shortage of activities beyond Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP). The area is home to world-renowned theater, major league sports teams, and one of the biggest shopping destinations in the country. Flights to Minneapolis are full of travelers eager to explore the exciting destination. Start your visit with a marathon shopping spree and end with a gourmet dinner overlooking the sparkling Minneapolis riverfront. Booking the cheapest flights to Minneapolis may be the easiest part of planning your visit, but choosing your destinations within the city could be the most fun. With the money Travelocity helps you save on your Minneapolis plane tickets, you’ll be able to afford everything the city has to offer.
Transportation from MSP
Travelers have a variety of options for getting from MSP to Saint Paul or any of the neighboring towns once their Minneapolis flight arrives. Many major Minneapolis hotels near MSP airport offer guest shuttles to and from the airport, so be sure to contact your hotel to confirm hours and availability. The Minneapolis Metro Transit system offers Light Rail Transit (LRT), which is a 24-hour train service from both airport terminals. Trains run every 10-15 minutes on average, and they can take you to downtown Minneapolis in 25 minutes or over to Mall of America in just 12 minutes. Simply follow the signs from baggage claim to the LRT stations—located below the Transit Center between the Red and Blue parking ramps at Terminal 1-Lindbergh and on the north side of the Orange parking ramp at Terminal 2-Humphrey.
Pick up your rental car reservations at the rental car counters in the Ground Transportation Center in Terminal 2-Humphrey or between the Blue and Red parking ramps in Terminal 1-Lindbergh. Rideshares, shuttles, or limo services can be arranged in the Ground Transportation Atrium in Terminal 1-Lindbergh.
Hotels Near MSP
Minneapolis and Saint Paul are called the Twin Cities for a reason. And when one airport serves them both, all of the area’s hotels are bound to be close by. Here are some of the more popular hotels near MSP:
- Best Western Plus the Normandy Inn & Suites – Cozy, quaint, and comfortable, the Normandy Inn has recently undergone a thorough renovation so that it can now add contemporary to its list of attributes. With nearly 200 guestrooms, an indoor pool, meeting facilities, and eponymous eatery, this hotel has everything your business or pleasure trip might demand.
- Best Western Plus Bloomington Hotel – If location is everything, this Best Western couldn’t ask for anything more. Located a mile from the Mall of America and just over a half-mile from the Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium, this hotel is in a perfect spot for exploring the area’s most popular attractions.
- Hilton Minneapolis – The contemporary amenities at this modern downtown hotel include in-room 50” high definition televisions, a skyway connecting the property to the Minneapolis Convention Center and City Center, and 25,000 square feet of flexible meeting space.
- Radisson Bloomington by Mall of America – If your trip to Minneapolis/Saint Paul is a family event, you should strongly consider the Radisson. Not only is it right by the Mall of America and the ridiculously fun Water Park of America, the guestrooms even have bunkbeds for the kids so you have more open space to spread out.
Things to Do Near MSP
Before you head downtown to the theater or to the stadium for the big game, you might want to check out these awesome things to do near the airport:
- Mall of America – What better way is there to recover from a long flight than with a mega-dose of retail therapy at the nation’s largest shopping mall? With so many stores to peruse, you may need a second day.
- Mississippi National River and Recreation Area – With 72 miles of shoreline, you’re sure to find a perfect spot to take a scenic stroll. Don’t feel like a hike to stretch your legs? Work out the tight knots from your flight with a leisurely canoe ride on the Mighty Mississip’.
- Minnesota Zoo – Take a walk on the not-so-wild side and get to know more about animals like the Russian grizzly bear, freckled duck, and ring-tailed lemur at this fantastic 435-acre family fun zone.
Dive into the City of Lakes
Search over 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide on Travelocity forvacation packages or flight deals to Minneapolis. Book now and you'll turn the world on with your smile over how much you saved on your Minneapolis airfare.