Making plans to visit Micanopy Cemetery and looking for the closest hotel room?
This site is located in Gainesville, roughly 140 miles (225 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Tallahassee.
Just 0.8 miles (1.3 kilometers) away from Micanopy Cemetery, the Micanopy Inn is the handiest place to stay.
After a busy morning, be kind and give your mind and body a break at Old Florida Cafe (203 Northeast Cholokka Boulevard, Micanopy), 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Micanopy Cemetery
When you're finished with Micanopy Cemetery, why not stop by the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to start:
- Wander around the informational exhibits that are displayed at Micanopy Historical Society Museum.
- Enjoy beautiful scenery and soak up nature at Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park.
- Head back into nature by checking out the popular Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings State Park, a wonderful place for visitors wanting a dose of the outdoors.
- Enjoy a getaway at Kate's Fish Camp, a lovely camping site that has simple but adequate facilities.
- Those who appreciate nature should be sure to bring along their hiking gear and venture along Florida National Scenic Trail.