Many tourists are quick to pack their bags and see new sights, but you, wise wanderer, seek a journey of enlightenment and self-realization. You recognize that the things we see fade into memories, but the lessons learned form who we are. As St. Augustine once remarked, “People travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the seas, at the long course of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars, and yet they pass by themselves without wondering.”
Go forth, intrepid traveler: While it may not be mountains or seas, the rolling green “Seven Hills” of Cincinnati, Ohio, and winding path of the Ohio River, will undoubtedly instill a deeper understanding of yourself. This onetime boomtown forms a fascinating midway to myriad cultures, melding the flavors of Appalachia with those of the South and Midwest, not to mention a healthy helping of German heritage. Set up camp in one of the best places to stay in Cincinnati and explore the “Queen City” for yourself.
Wondering where to stay in Cincinnati?
If it’s self-exploration you seek, Cincinnati is the perfect setting. But seeing as there are scores of hotels to choose from here, how are you to know where to stay? To make you search a little simpler, here’s a look at four of the top hotels in Cincinnati.
- Millennium Cincinnati Hotel: Located in Cincinnati’s financial district and connected by sky walk to the convention center, the luxurious Millennium Hotel is within a short drive of some of the city’s most popular destinations including the Cincinnati Zoo and Union Terminal. When not gallivanting about, here are a few of the amenities you can expect at your home away from home:
- Delectable dining: Hungry for a bite? The Bistro on Elm is a vibrant restaurant and lounge that offers classic American menu items from dawn till dusk.
- Event space: Boasting more than 27,000 sq. ft. of event space, the Millennium Hotel can host weddings and corporate events of any size.
- Pool and gym: Swim some laps in the rooftop pool, or get your daily workout in at the indoor fitness center.
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati: Situated in the center of downtown, the Hyatt Regency Cincinnati makes it easy to experience every aspect of this city within a short walk from your room. Whether you’re attending an event at the convention center, a Bengals game at Paul Brown Stadium, or sampling the delicious eats at Findlay market, this hotel puts you in the middle of it all. The Hyatt Regency also offers these perks:
- Unbeatable location: Many of Cincinnati’s most popular destinations, including Sak’s Fifth Avenue, The Great American Ballpark, and the U.S. Bank Arena are just a couple blocks away.
- Fido-friendly: With pet-friendly guestrooms, you can take your furry friend with you as you explore the city.
- Exercise whenever: Go for a swim in the saltwater pool, or pump some iron at the always-open fitness center.
- Cincinnatian Hotel: Open since 1882 and among the oldest hotels in Cincinnati, this history-rich venue invites guests to take advantage of exceptional luxury, service, and state-of-the-art amenities not found at many of Cincinnati’s other accommodations:
- Casual drinks: The on-site Cricket Lounge is among the city’s most well-known nightlife scenes.
- Majestic meetings: First-class technology allows you to host unforgettable events in any of the hotel’s many banquet and meeting rooms.
- Exquisite eating: Enjoy an elegant meal in an unparalleled atmosphere at any time of day when you visit The Palace, the Cincinnatian’s award-winning dining experience specializing in small, savory plates.
- The Garfield Suites Hotel: Among the most popular of Cincinnati hotels, the Garfield Suites has many rooms with unobstructed views of the surrounding city. It also offers:
- Free transportation: Garfield Suites’ complimentary shuttle can take you anywhere in the downtown area.
- Stay fit: Take a dip in the outdoor pool, or put your muscles to the test at the two-story fitness center.
- Sensational sips: With a free cocktail reception every week and a complimentary evening wine hour, the hotel’s Café Martin makes it easy to relax after a long day.
- Shopping: Searching for some retail therapy? The Tower Place Mall is right around the corner.
Travelocity makes it easy to book cheap hotels near Cincinnati no matter what time of year you’re interested in visiting. From luxurious Cincinnati lodging in the center of downtown to modest motels on the outskirts of city, count on us to help you explore the best of the Midwest and yourself.