There’s a reason Atlanta International Airport is the busiest flight facility in the country. With an enormous amount of culture, a booming hospitality scene, and tons of family-friendly activities, there’s an incredible number of things to see and do after flying into the Big Peach. No matter what time of year you visit, and whether you’re traveling alone, alongside your sweetheart, or with the whole family in tow, you’re guaranteed to have a grand ol’ time in Atlanta’s capital city.
Where to Stay in Atlanta
With so many Atlanta hotels to choose from, how are you to know which one’s best for you? To help narrow down your options, here’s a quick guide to some of the best places to stay in Atlanta:
- The Westin Atlanta Airport: Spend less time figuring out transportation by booking a room near the runway. Located within a short shuttle ride of the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, the Westin hotel offers guests a comfortable stay amid great amenities like:
- Great location: Just minutes from the airport, transit station, and many of the city’s most popular tourist spots, the Westin Atlanta is in proximity to the best sights around.
- Fitness studio: In addition to an always-open fitness center featuring cutting-edge exercise equipment, you’ll find 1.5- and 4.5-mile running routes, plus a lending program so you can leave your workout gear at home.
- Dining and drinking: Hankering for a bite? The Westin Atlanta Airport offers on-site comfort-food at Cecilia’s Southern Table. Just looking to wet your whistle? Check out Martini’s Lounge for craft beer and top-shelf cocktails.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta: If luxury living and down-home cooking is the life for you, you can’t go wrong at the Ritz-Carlton, one of the top hotels in Atlanta. Located in the heart of downtown on Peachtree Street, this hotel is all about southern hospitality, especially when it comes to their culinary options. Here’s what your palate can expect:
- Atlanta Grill: This modern steakhouse more commonly known as “AG” is an excellent spot for sampling Southern-inspired plates or sipping a cocktail with your companions.
- Lumen Bar: If you live for live music and signature drinks, this high-end watering hole adjacent to the hotel’s lobby sports a contemporary look and offers appetizers for sharing.
- Jittery Joe’s: Craving caffeine? The Ritz-Carlton is home to the city’s only Jittery Joe's, an Athens-based microroaster popular among Georgians.
- Club Level Lounge: Offering sweeping views of the city, this exclusive upscale restaurant provides you with a dedicated concierge to attend to your every whim.
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis: A 50-foot, color-changing sail sets the tone at this recently renovated hotel that offers an energetic and stylish vibe unlike anywhere else in the city. Positioned in Peachtree Center, just 15 miles from the Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, this ultramodern spot has a variety of on-site restaurants and fitness facilities for you to enjoy:
- Sear: Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner, this spacious American eatery specializes in steaks, seafood, and sophistication.
- Sear Bar: Seeking strong spirits? The Sear Bar is where you can choose from more than 20 brands of bourbon stored in climate-controlled vaults.
- High Velocity: Among downtown Atlanta’s most sizable sports bars, this joint serves comfort food amid a sea of flat-panel screens showing the latest games.
- Pulse: One of the swankiest lounges in all of Atlanta, this vibrant nightclub is a popular hangout for locals and tourists alike.
- Spa services: From express treatments to daylong pamper parties, this spa offers is facials, massages, and manicures along with a bevy of other beauty services.
- Hilton Atlanta: No matter if you want to grab a quick bite before exploring city, or hunker down for a hearty meal after a long day of sightseeing, the Hilton Atlanta and its selection of eateries are sure to satisfy your stomach. Here are some highlights:
- Trader Vic’s: Sporting a tropical theme, this Polynesian-inspired restaurant and lounge is renowned for its barbecue spareribs in addition to its reputation as the home of the mai tai.
- Nikolai's Roof: Treat your palate to some of the city’s finest entrees at this top-flight restaurant offering unmatched views of Atlanta’s skyline.
- Southern Elements: In the mood for a casual meal? Sample simple southern plates at this chic spot adjacent to hotel’s lobby.
Travelocity makes it easy to book hotels near Atlanta’s hottest attractions at any time of year. Our intuitive reservation system is the best on the web and presents you with cheap Atlanta hotel deals you won’t find anywhere else. Lock down your room today, and you’ll be exploring Atlanta before you know it.