It’s no secret why Atlanta International Airport (ATL) is America’s busiest flight facility. The “Big Peach” has a booming hospitality scene, an enormous amount of culture, and tons of family-friendly activities—overall, there’s an incredible number of things to see and do. Whatever time of year you visit, and whether you’re traveling alone, with the whole family in tow, or alongside your sweetheart, you’re guaranteed to have the time of your life in Georgia’s capital.
Where to Stay in Atlanta
There are many Atlanta hotels to choose from, so how do you know which one suits you? Here’s a short guide to some of the best places to stay in Atlanta to help you narrow down your options:
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis: This newly renovated hotel offers a stylish and energetic vibe unlike anywhere else—just marvel at the 50-foot, color-changing sail that graces its lounge. Located in the Peachtree Center, just 15 miles from ATL, this upscale spot has plenty of on-site restaurants and amenities for your enjoyment:
- Sear Bar: In search of strong spirits? Choose from more than 20 bourbon brands stored in climate-controlled vaults at the always-classy Sear Bar.
- High Velocity: One of downtown Atlanta’s biggest sports bars, this spot serves up classic comfort food—and has lots of flat-screen TVs showing the latest games.
- Sear: Serving three square meals a day, this spacious American eatery specializes in steaks, seafood…and a side of sophistication.
- Pulse: Did someone say “swanky”? This lively nightclub is a popular hangout for tourists and locals alike.
- Spa services: Whether you want a quick treatment or a daylong pamper party, this spa offers facials, manicures, and massages, along with a bevy of other services.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta: You can have both luxury living and down-home cooking—just reserve accommodation at the Ritz-Carlton, one of the top hotels in Atlanta. Located right in the heart of downtown, this hotel is overflowing with southern hospitality, especially when it comes to cuisine. Delight your palate at these restaurants:
- Jittery Joe’s: Craving caffeine? The Ritz-Carlton has the city’s only Jittery Joe's, a popular Athens-based microroaster.
- Lumen Bar: If you love live music and delicious drinks and appetizers, this contemporary watering hole near the hotel’s lobby is perfect for you.
- Atlanta Grill: Known as “AG” to the locals, this steakhouse is an excellent destination to sip a cocktail with your companions and sample Southern-inspired plates.
- Club Level Lounge: With sweeping views of the city, this restaurant is so exclusive, it provides you with a dedicated concierge to fulfill your every wish.
- Hilton Atlanta: Whether you want to dine on a hearty meal after a long day of sightseeing or just grab a quick bite before a day of exploring, the wide selection of eateries at Hilton Atlanta is sure to satisfy. Here are a few highlights:
- Nikolai's Roof: Treat your taste buds to some of the city’s finest entrees at this top-flight restaurant, which also happens to offer unrivaled views of Atlanta’s skyline.
- Southern Elements: This is the ideal spot to enjoy a casual yet refined meal of simple Southern plates, and you’ll find it just adjacent to hotel’s lobby.
- Trader Vic’s: This Polynesian-inspired restaurant and lounge has a tropical theme and is renowned for its barbecue spareribs. It also has a stellar reputation as the home of the mai tai.
- The Westin Atlanta Airport: You’ll spend less time planning transportation when you have a room right near the runway. Just a short shuttle ride from the airport, the Westin offers guests a comfortable stay amid spectacular amenities.
- Dining and drinking: Feeling a bit hungry? Discover the comforts of home-style cooking at Cecilia’s Southern Table. Looking to wet your whistle? Stroll into Martini’s Lounge for top-shelf cocktails and craft beer on tap.
- Fitness studio: There is a 24-hour fitness center featuring cutting-edge exercise equipment, but that’s not all. You’ll also find 1.5- and 4.5-mile running routes, and you can leave your workout gear at home—the hotel has a lending program.
- Great location: Last but certainly not least, this hotel is just minutes from the airport, transit station, and many of the city’s most popular tourist spots.
Travelocity makes it easy to book hotels near Atlanta’s hottest attractions at any time of year. Our intuitive reservation system is the best on the web, whether you’re looking for luxury or cheap hotels in Atlanta. Lock down your room today, and you’ll be exploring Atlanta before you know it.