At Steamboat Geyser, you can let go of all of the stresses and hassles of day-to-day life. Take a relaxing stroll, enjoy the sunshine and watch the birds flying overhead. Your body will thank you for it later.
It awaits you in Gardiner, which is 390 miles (628 kilometers) from the state capital, Cheyenne.
Expect a bit of drive to get to your hotel, since there's nowhere to stay in the immediate vicinity. Travel 30 miles (48 kilometers) and you will discover West Yellowstone, as well as 25 places to stay. The Explorer Cabins At Yellowstone, Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone and Yellowstone Park Hotel are a few you might like to look up.
Other Things to Do Near Steamboat Geyser
After you're finished with Steamboat Geyser, there are a variety of other activities that'll keep you busy:
- Green Dragon Spring is quite an experience. It's worth waiting to see this geyser spurt out from the earth in all its majesty.
- Heal your mind and body by visiting the beautiful natural springs of Back Basin.
- If you're in the mood for a little learning, check out what's on display at Museum of the National Park Ranger.
- If you tour Monument Geyser Basin at just the right time, you may witness an eruption from the depths of Earth.
- Even if you're not ready to scale the mountain, admiring Roaring Mountain from afar is an unforgettable experience.