Enjoy some peace and quiet with nature at Yellowstone Lake.
It's situated in West Thumb. If you're not familiar with that name, it's 360 miles (579 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Cheyenne.
Even though there are no rooms in the immediate vicinity, you won’t be left high and dry if you're looking for a welcoming bed and a hot shower. With as many as 25 places to stay that are 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, you won't mind the commute from West Yellowstone. The Explorer Cabins At Yellowstone, Holiday Inn - West Yellowstone and Yellowstone Park Hotel are good examples of what's available here.
Other Things to Do Near Yellowstone Lake
If you want to pack as much as you possibly can into your trip, here's a sample of what else is happening:
- Enjoy a getaway at Grant Village Campground, a lovely camping area that has simple but adequate facilities.
- To observe a natural wonder like West Thumb Geyser Basin is an experience in a class of its own.
- Grab your walking boots and head out to Pelican Valley Trail. This scenic hiking trail is the perfect way to immerse yourself in the natural splendor of the area.
- Lake Butte Overlook is a wonderful spot for you to take in the surrounding landscape.
- Old Faithful is quite a sight. It's worth waiting to see this geyser spurt out from the ground in all its majesty.